I couldn't believe this when I figured it out , feel like a total asswipe, forgot all about the other people who owed me money

I'm going to save you the long ass story, so here's the briefing:

New Amp Budget: 600 dollars

Now that my budget is a bit (a lot) bigger, I should have a ton more options

600 dollars, new plz. Good tube amp. Nails these tones (in order from cleanest to heaviest ) :

Jimi Hendrix
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Dethklok

Was thinking peavyey 6505 combo but i hear the cleans on them aren't top notch
peavy vyper tube?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
peavy vyper tube?

can I hook up the 60 to an external cabinet should I get on in the future?
Dethklok

You can’t get a Dethklok rhythm tone from an amp. That tone is the result of breaking a power chord into multiple guitar parts played through modeling software and then layered together.
Blackstar HT-20?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by jpnyc
Dethklok

You can’t get a Dethklok rhythm tone from an amp. That tone is the result of breaking a power chord into multiple guitar parts played through modeling software and then layered together.

Quote by Jak Archer
Blackstar HT-20?

I'd really like to stay a little ways away from 600 tho... as I'm probably also going to need to buy a booster pedal, but at the same time I know I also want a Phaser
so you want a cheap Hi-Gain amp that can clean up nicely....

I have a Traynor myself so of course I'm going to suggest them. Try to find them used if you can. I got mine for 500 and it's a monster. It's not an ultra hi-gain amp and it won't get you Dethklok, but it can get you Sabbath and Maiden.
I was actually thinking what I could do is get like an epiphone valve combo, and use it as sort of like a "shell", if that makes sense to you?

Like use it just as a good tube clean tone, but use distortion or overdrive pedals to shape my distorted tone along with some modulation?

something like this:

Epiphone VJr Combo
MXR Distortion III (for hard rock/classic metal)
DigiTech Bad Monkey (classic rock/ boost Distortion III into Death/Thrash Metal)
MXR Phase 90
Boss DD3

All together under 600 dollars... which leaves plenty to start a fund for a used DC Brick

or a Boss NS2 + Daisy Chain... kill 2 birds with one stone that way
Last edited by B.Renegades at Jul 11, 2010,
Boosting a distortion pedal doesn't sound like a good idea to me...To me it rarely amounts to anything more than a fizzy mess. As well as that, most distortion pedals wont compare to a good tube amps natural distortion. If you have that kind of budget you might as well get an amp with good cleans and good distortion and use an overdrive pedal to boost it if you need it.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
save more money and get a bugera magician
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

Only if they ever actually release it.
Quote by jpnyc

Only if they ever actually release it.

they have it all done on their site. seems like the best bugera out there considering all it has. i used to not like them but if this turns out well ill respect them a bunch more.
elaborate on this if the ever release it cause i thought it was out lol
roland AC90

I don't see magicians coming to the U.S. Mesa will sue the #%) out of them and win. Outside of the U.S. it'll probably happen though.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
a 6505 combo will sound WORLDS better than a Vypyr combo. The vypyr is a hybrid, not even all tube. vypyr is jocked way too much around here

go with the 6505
yeah the cleans aren't amazing but it's not absolutely terrible either. I think it will fit your needs very well, has a lot of gain on tap, enough that you might not need a booster pedal. and they are $600 brand new, so you don't have to worry about buying it used
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 11, 2010,
I second the HT20. Not only will it do all the bands you listed, but it'll do most of them well.
Quote by RocknRory
I don't see magicians coming to the U.S. Mesa will sue the #%) out of them and win. Outside of the U.S. it'll probably happen though.

i hear behringer has kick ASS lawyers tho
Quote by B.Renegades
I was actually thinking what I could do is get like an epiphone valve combo, and use it as sort of like a "shell", if that makes sense to you?

Like use it just as a good tube clean tone, but use distortion or overdrive pedals to shape my distorted tone along with some modulation?

something like this:

Epiphone VJr Combo
MXR Distortion III (for hard rock/classic metal) Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (used)
DigiTech Bad Monkey (classic rock/ boost Distortion III into Death/Thrash Metal)
MXR Phase 90
Boss DD3

All together under 600 dollars... which leaves plenty to start a fund for a used DC Brick
Not actually any better than a One spot, so buy the One spot.
or a Boss NS2 + Daisy Chain... kill 2 birds with one stone that way

You may also want to see if you can find a used Fender Blues Jr, would be a nicer platform for pedals. The DLS is better than the Dist' III because it stacks with other stuff amazingly well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by RocknRory

why mesa doesnt own a trademark for a three channel amp that has class a/ab operation, reverb and varipower, they have a trademark for the mark , rectifier, stiletto, lonestar, spongy, variac, and their silly channel names like burn and what not.
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
why mesa doesnt own a trademark for a three channel amp that has class a/ab operation, reverb and varipower, they have a trademark for the mark , rectifier, stiletto, lonestar, spongy, variac, and their silly channel names like burn and what not.

randall actually has a bunch of protection for his circuit designs....
if the magician copied them exactly then bugera would be facing some trouble.

i could see randall suing them just for lolz.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam