Page 1 of 2
3 years ago when I started high school we had to pay a £20 deposit on a locker and lock. No problems there, but on leaving day we had to clear out our lockers and leave them. Yet the school won't be giving anyone back their £20 'deposit' contrary to what they said back when we paid it. Now there are roughly 370 people in my year group (at least), 20 multiplied by 370 gives you 7400, so my school has pocketed £7400 in total (maybe more depending on the exact number of people in my year).
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Do you have any documents from when you paid the £20 assuring you that you would get it back?

That's pretty out of order. Most people cave if you threaten legal action, get your parents to ring the school?
At my school it wasn't ever a deposit.

Like Mistress_Ibanez said, do you have any proof that you were meant to get the money back?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'll have a look later for any documents, my mum keeps that sort of thing filed. Also pretty much everyone in my year was told on paying the money that it would be returned.

Quote by _bacon_

uncool story, sis
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
That's out of line. I hope you find those documents and get your money back.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
My school robbed me of taking 9 GCSEs.

I'd rather have lost £20.

EDIT: Wait.. You didn't take your GCSEs?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Long story short I got a long-term illness that my school didn't take seriously, so they didn't get me the help I needed to complete my coursework. They then told my I couldn't take any of my GCSEs that required coursework, because I hadn't done most of it. Which was all of them apart from Maths, so that's my only GCSE. :L

I hate British education.

Ouch, just a random guess but did you have ME??

Quote by _bacon_

Take the locker and lock with you. They are now yours.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Long story short I got a long-term illness that my school didn't take seriously, so they didn't get me the help I needed to complete my coursework. They then told my I couldn't take any of my GCSEs that required coursework, because I hadn't done most of it. Which was all of them apart from Maths, so that's my only GCSE. :L

Shit, man. That sucks... What about further education?
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Schools never give a shit about you being ill.

I was off for two weeks with meningitis (a different type to the one that kills mind, but still complete agony, and since that, I've been more able to use my left hand and I like pineapple...so it kinda screwed with my head) and when I got back my science teacher asked for my homework.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Did you make a formal complaint to the local government?
^ This.
Quote by Jackal58

My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Jackal58

The trouble is the locker is one of those joined ones, like a semi-detached locker really, so I'd be dragging off 2 other lockers.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by ChucklesMginty

I will be soon.

Make sure to talk to people that can help before making that complaint, like a lawyer.

Quote by WARLOCK123
The trouble is the locker is one of those joined ones, like a semi-detached locker really, so I'd be dragging off 2 other lockers.

Then find out who they belong to. You can have them for blocks of two days in the week, and alternate whogets them on Sundays.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I still do in fact, I think it's become a common thing. But it's also become a common thing to fake it (I guess it's fairly easy to fake...) So the school's and exam boards don't want to know.

I think I've hijacked this thread a bit.

TS, steal from your school.

I will be soon.

Sorry to hear that, a guy in my tutor class had it and missed like 7 months, luckily it was in year 9 so he didn't miss anything too crucial. My school didn't get too difficult about it though, probably because the guy could barely wipe his arse or feed himself.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Make sure to talk to people that can help before making that complaint, like a lawyer.

Then find out who they belong to. You can have them for blocks of two days in the week, and alternate whogets them on Sundays.

Or you could just stuff the other owners in theirs and keep them all full time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Or you could just stuff the other owners in theirs and keep them all full time.

But then that prevents you from breaking into their lockers and filling it full of stuff, so that when they open them at their home, they have such a crazy mess to tidy up, or they'll get grounded.
Quote by WARLOCK123

I call that profit.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But then that prevents you from breaking into their lockers and filling it full of stuff, so that when they open them at their home, they have such a crazy mess to tidy up, or they'll get grounded.

Your thought process is always a bit more evil than mine.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Take £20 worth of stuff from the school. Get as many people as you can to do it as well. Make it obvious you're doing it. The school will cave in pretty quickly.
Do you have a contact to state the deposit was refundable?
Quote by Todd Hart
At my school it wasn't ever a deposit.

Like Mistress_Ibanez said, do you have any proof that you were meant to get the money back?

^This. My school called it a "locker rental fee" and charged I think it was like $8 a year. Then, when your locker broke because the school was cheap and skimped on maintenance, they tried to charge you to fix it. They told me that I wouldnt be able to pass to the next year without paying it, I told them that they do that, they get fired for holding a student back over something that has nothing to do with academic grades. They dropped that argument pretty quickly.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Todd Hart
Schools never give a shit about you being ill.

I was off for two weeks with meningitis (a different type to the one that kills mind, but still complete agony, and since that, I've been more able to use my left hand and I like pineapple...so it kinda screwed with my head) and when I got back my science teacher asked for my homework.

sorry dude but i found that amusing. Well to TS, it's really only $20 and i'm sure that money is going to the school, i doubt all the staff split it up equally
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Take £20 worth of stuff from the school. Get as many people as you can to do it as well. Make it obvious you're doing it. The school will cave in pretty quickly.

brilliant

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Jackal58

And since they are now your property, you are free to do whatever you want with them, i.e. take a shit in them and stink up the hall way until you get your deposit back.

That's 2 threads in 2 days where I suggested TS solve his problem by taking a shit. I feel accomplished.
Quote by cornmancer
And since they are now your property, you are free to do whatever you want with them, i.e. take a shit in them and stink up the hall way until you get your deposit back.

That's 2 threads in 2 days where I suggested TS solve his problem by taking a shit. I feel accomplished.

At my age taking a shit is an accomplishment.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
20 dollars TS....

20 ****ing dollars
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by Metallizach
20 dollars TS....

20 ****ing dollars

No man, pounds as in the british stuff. That's like $30 I think.
Quote by Jackal58
At my age taking a shit is an accomplishment.

Well hopefully TS isn't still going to school at the age of 10000000000000
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by Metallizach
20 dollars TS....

20 ****ing dollars

Pounds mate, 20 pounds is like 30 dollars.

edit: awww beaten
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by cornmancer
No man, pounds as in the british stuff. That's like $30 I think.

Well hopefully TS isn't still going to school at the age of 10000000000000

If he is he would probably be shitting fossilized dinosaur turds that he could sell for £20
a pound.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Yeah well my buddy didn't get into Duke SPECIFICALLY because of the high school. How's that for robbing you?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Completely unrelated, but i find it cool youre using my groups avatar things

(Partly my group anyway)

But yeah, take the locker. Lock. Both.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Just steal $20 worth of shit from the school.
Either that or have a group of your friends key the principals car.
That should get the point across.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
roughly 30 dollars TS

roughly 30 ****ing dollars TS
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Page 1 of 2