Hi I'm gettin' some money soon and I wondered what do you guys think I should get? I'd prefer to go used for a lower price, what's the best for me? I have a Squier P-Bass that I like pretty much (Reckon I got a gem with that one) and I use a Kustom KBA-30 that I;m not really looking to replace. Any opinions? Cheers.
what I did was upgrading my squier p-bass with new pick-ups, bridge etc. sounds tons better than it already did
Quote by 09phillt
Hi I'm gettin' some money soon and I wondered what do you guys think I should get? I'd prefer to go used for a lower price, what's the best for me? I have a Squier P-Bass that I like pretty much (Reckon I got a gem with that one) and I use a Kustom KBA-30 that I;m not really looking to replace. Any opinions? Cheers.

A used Fender Precision (mexican) will slot right into that price range.
http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=19
Should be quite a few there. inb4 traitor, I only use the marketplace

I would also reccoment Classic Vintage and Vintage Modified Squiers, get a second hand one and use the £100 spare for extra upgrades.

Good choice of amp btw!
Cheers! Slighty off topic, but I saw a Fender bass in the music shop I frequent. It's used (£400), and it's pretty nice. But I can't tell what it is, it's a sort of goldy/brown colour with a P-bass picku in the neck and jazz in the bridge. It hasn't got a pickguard and looks pretty funky. Any idea what it is?

Reckon I might try to extend my budget a bit.
Quote by 09phillt
Cheers! Slighty off topic, but I saw a Fender bass in the music shop I frequent. It's used (£400), and it's pretty nice. But I can't tell what it is, it's a sort of goldy/brown colour with a P-bass picku in the neck and jazz in the bridge. It hasn't got a pickguard and looks pretty funky. Any idea what it is?

Reckon I might try to extend my budget a bit.

It could have been an Aerodyne Precision with the pickguard removed.

Like this?

£400 is an ok price for one but if I were you I would try and find an active P Bass special (it would be roughly the same price.)
Yeah I think it's that one, but it's a dodgy brown. What do you guys think of Richwood? There's one with a Tree Of Life fretboard inlay and looks pretty snazzy, active pups and flame maple. £325 is what he wants for it.