i would think you should leave it unlocked so it can move while your tightening it in the lock it after
but im not sure if its the proper way because i havent done it before
Quote by GibsonnFender
i would think you should leave it unlocked so it can move while your tightening it in the lock it after
but im not sure if its the proper way because i havent done it before

well no, once you've tightened the screw there's no point in using the trem lock because basically, once the screw is tightened enough, the tailpiece can't move anyway. the lock is irrelevant.

never done this with my jazzmaster though - it's one of those very rare guitars where i actually like the trem
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
well no, once you've tightened the screw there's no point in using the trem lock because basically, once the screw is tightened enough, the tailpiece can't move anyway. the lock is irrelevant.

never done this with my jazzmaster though - it's one of those very rare guitars where i actually like the trem

But do I tighten the trem with the tremlock on or off?
Tighten and block it with it unlocked, then lock it. You should look at the Fender Special Edition Jaguar HH though, it's a double humbucker Jaguar which already has a fixed bridge (tune-o-matic and stopbar style), as well as the proper Jaguar controls rather than the Classic Player's weird coil splits (which don't even work properly as anyone who's ever tried variable coil splits will testify).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Tighten and block it with it unlocked, then lock it. You should look at the Fender Special Edition Jaguar HH though, it's a double humbucker Jaguar which already has a fixed bridge (tune-o-matic and stopbar style), as well as the proper Jaguar controls rather than the Classic Player's weird coil splits (which don't even work properly as anyone who's ever tried variable coil splits will testify).

I would buy the Fender Special Edition Jaguar HH if it was available where I live
Anywhere that sells the Classic Player HH would be able to order in the Special Edition HH for you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Anywhere that sells the Classic Player HH would be able to order in the Special Edition HH for you.

Do the Special Edition HH have a rocking bridge or is it rock solid?