I was thinking about buying one second hand but I know no-one will have the model.

I'm thinking about buying one and having it imported to the UK.

I would buy a hard case..

How much do you think (the guitar and case will cost around £375 together) for shipping import fees etc?

Thx guys.

HELLO!

likely to be close to that they might also issue customs fee's depending on if they catch it if you get what i mean.. Oh and another issue you have 0 warrenty with a agile outside of the US and Canada just to let you know that was a major turn off for me.
hmm. yeah i wouldn't of noticed that, so if i was hit with customs fee what happens there?

HELLO!

you're talking 20-25% of the price (including postage).

probably not worth it. you can get MIJ tokais for not much more, or vintage advances for quite a bit less.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's not a case of IF you get hit by customs, its WHEN you get hit by customs. Sometimes small packages will skip through, but not a guitar. Sometimes you will need to pay the charges before the courier will release the guitar and sometimes they will take it straight to you and mail you the bill later.

The charge is dependant on the value of the guitar, the cost of the shipping service and then on top of that the UK courier will charge you an extra fee of a tenner or so for handling it for you.

I can give you an example of my last import...
The guitar's declared value was $2000
I paid £48.80 DUTY TAXES, £275.44 VAT and £10 courier advancement fee.
This was with FedEx on a next day service from the USA which cost me $255. So £334.24 in total for a $2000 guitar on a $255 service. This was 4 months ago, things may have changed.

My guitar was still an absolute ton cheaper than if I were to buy it in the UK, you just gotta figure out if it's worthwhile.

If you're after one of the Agile Les Pauls you could consider the Vintage V100. UK brand so it's cheap and it gets rave reviews. I picked up a V100 Icon Lemon Drop last week and it's really a great guitar for the money. I'd say they were the UK's equivalent of Agile

Anywho, hope that helped
they don't really seem to be what i'm after.. I dunno.. 500 dollars for the agile is about £335 (that's the 25% rate), i'll ask people if they're worth it and see what they say..

HELLO!

It's not worth it.

17.5 % (soon to be 20%) VAT + 2.5% import duty. Factor in the shipping as well and it's in no way worth it....also the exchange rate still isn't that great. 4 years ago you were looking at pretty much 2 dollars to the pound, THAT was when it was really worthwhile, but even then not for budget instruments.

I paid $400 for my Schecter, which worked out at £200 + £80 shipping and £45 VAT and import duty - so that was £325 for a guitar that was never released in the UK and would have been at least £400 if it had been available.

There's nothing cheap that Agile make that you can't get cheaper in the UK after import costs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Just get a Vintage Advance, as has been suggested. They are great guitars for the money and much easier to get hold of.
If you're willing to go second hand too, you can get so many great guitars for that price. You even see Burny's going at that price OCCASIONALLY.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
okay thanks guys, well I'm still considering it cause I just came across the guitar today was like splaff - thats the guitar im after so..

I'm still thinking. £350 seems a fair price right now so we'll see when I've got more cash in hand.

HELLO!

fair enough, but i mean if you already know what you want to do why make a thread?

good luck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One thing I feel needs to be mentioned which hasn't yet is that whatever Agile it is you want, there is going tobe a similar (if not precisely the same) guitar readily available within the UK which will be much, much cheaper. Contrary to what our American users may claim, there is nothing particularly special about Agile guitars - they're a generic copy brand. Their only major selling point is that for Americans and Canadians, Agile are very cheap. That's about it. If you pick up a Vintage, Rally, some of the Tokais, some LTDs or even some older Epiphones, guess what? You're holding the same parts that go into Agile guitars. Many of these brands share factories, the only thing that changes is the headstock. So you're not missing out on any quality if you buy a Vintage or lower-end Tokai (or even an Epiphone) instead of getting the Agile. In fact since you can pick up those other brands much cheaper, you can usually go up a step in quality (especially in the case of Tokai).

If all else fails, get in touch with TC Ellis. For around the same price as one of the nicer Epiphones (or importing an Agile), they can make you pretty much any guitar you want (so long as you don't go too crazy with the customisation), with better quality control and a full set up thrown in. If they're good enough for Motörhead, they're good enough for you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
HA! It's funny you should mention TC Ellis, I've tried to contact them atleast twice with absoloutley no reply! This made me think if they can't be bothered to message me back why should I spend the project money I saved (which is no longer going on a guitar thanks to them, £700!) so I put it to better use..

Anyway I'm not 100% set which is why I made the thread I was just looking for info and anything that may sway me..

I did read a lot of American reviews on Agiles which maybe tempted me a bit..

HELLO!

but bear in mind the american reviews are going to be fairly heavily biased by the price they can get them for.

People say, "Price doesn't matter, it's still a good guitar".

That's rubbish, price influences everything. the cheaper something is (or the better the bargain you think you got) the more willing you are to overlook minor, maybe even major, flaws. Conversely if you spend £3000 on a guitar even the smallest flaw, like a slightly off-centre inlay even though it doesn't affect the playability or tone at all, is likely to annoy you.

When someone says, "It's a good guitar", what they invariably mean, even if they don't know it, is "It's a good guitar for the price I paid."
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the tokais are pretty good. i play a tokai sg which cost me 250 quid (although you can get it for 195 online, but i wanted it straight away lol ) and i think its sounds really good and it plays nicely plus it has a set neck. i think they are good for the price
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Well today I saw a nice acoustic for £200 with case, and I'm looking to buy a used jcm800 so I guess I will delay my decision, we'll see how I feel next month

HELLO!