Hello! I just bought a Jackson JS-32T King V and it came with 9-42 strings.
Would it be a problem if I put 11-48 strings? I'm worried about the tension. Anyone tried that with success?
I have 11-52 Ernie's on my Encore Strat, works fine, not tension problems, just adjust the truss rod if you have any.
I realize that for you ten-year-old-girls a set of .011s might seem heavy, but trust a man: those are puny little strings, and you’re just a wuss for thinking otherwise.
Quote by jpnyc
I realize that for you ten-year-old-girls a set of .011s might seem heavy, but trust a man: those are puny little strings, and you’re just a wuss for thinking otherwise.

What was that for?

Anyway...I was worrying about the GUITAR, not about my fingers. I have 13's on my acoustic so beat it
no you'll be fine, ignore the above ****** (I'm hoping no-one ninja's me!).

The tension won't be too much until you're putting say 15/16's on.. (not very often!)

EDIT: got ninja'd

HELLO!

i have a .50 on my bass....

My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
As long as you adjust the truss rod appropriately, you'll be fine. You might want to take your guitar to someone that knows what they're doing to adjust the truss rod though.
Anyone can adjust a truss rod, a little turn here and there is all you need.
Quote by jpnyc

You just got *reported*, son, don't bring that weak sh*t in here!

Anyway, TS, as long as you can adjust the truss rod, you'll be fine.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by sstony

LITTLE being the most important word, more than a whole turn and boom! your guitar neck EXPLODES! well, it warps and may crack but still, unusable.

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
LITTLE being the most important word, more than a whole turn and boom! your guitar neck EXPLODES! well, it warps and may crack but still, unusable.

Exactly, it's NOT like cranking a tuner where you have to turn it what seems like a million times before you get it where you want it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by sstony

Someone with no experience may turn it an entire rotation, see no results, turn it some more, and then end up with a broken truss rod.
Quote by jpnyc

That was both mean and homoerotic

Also on topic, it should be fine as long as its set up properly, I mean I'd think that even the cheapest Jackson is of a decent enough quality to handle .11s
Last edited by ybselgo at Jul 11, 2010,
it will be fine to use 11s! i use 12's on my squier affinity and thats cheaper than any jackson!!
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
I put a set of 14-68s on my Epiphone Junior and its fine, even at E standard. I wouldn't recommend doing that with strings that are any thicker (Or necks any longer than 25") But anyway, You'll be perfectly fine with 11s. The nut and saddles will probably need filed to accept the thicker strings (I prefer the slots to be at least 3 thousandths wider than the string so the strings don't bind) And you'll need the guitar set up for the new strings but that's normal.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.