Hey I've always wondered what the name of that one guitar riff that's usually associated with mexico / deserts is called.

This guy plays it at :23 seconds and claims it's Mexican Hat Dance, but it's not. It may not have a name, but I was wondering what it was if it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7joou9M2FI

I'm trying to find a rock song I recently heard that used something like that to back it, and near the end there was just a crowd shouting "da da da da heyayyyy" or something, to the rhythm of that riff...not too specific I know.

Thanks
That is such an ugly guitar.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Aww that guy is so adorable with his hat and his guitar and his bed and his glasses
Why the hell does he keep playing three-fret stretches with only his first two fingers?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Sy_B
Hey I've always wondered what the name of that one guitar riff that's usually associated with mexico / deserts is called.

This guy plays it at :23 seconds and claims it's Mexican Hat Dance, but it's not. It may not have a name, but I was wondering what it was if it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7joou9M2FI

I'm trying to find a rock song I recently heard that used something like that to back it, and near the end there was just a crowd shouting "da da da da heyayyyy" or something, to the rhythm of that riff...not too specific I know.

Thanks

When I heard that riff and read the name I could totally see a couple of Mexicans dancing around a sombrero to that riff.
Quote by unet
It's a flanger...not a phaser.

And he copyrighted a riff..aww

It's not just me, but his 'copyrighted riff' sounds...not at all mexican, or worth copyrighting...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yeah, that's one of the simplest beginner 'riffs' around.

If you really want it, it's basically an E [or Am, I can't remember which and CBA to remmeber], played open, then moved up the fretboard to the 3rd and 5th [or whatever] frets.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Kid discovers harmonic minor and phrygian scales, makes video, looks silly.

Cool story, bro.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
If you mean the real name of the Mexican Hat Dance, it's Jarabe Tapatio. Otherwise I have no idea.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
yea thats one of the most simple riffs around, and its E, F, then G not E, G and A @ simsimius

and an awesome rock song that uses this is double talkin'jive
Quote by Todd Hart
It's not just me, but his 'copyrighted riff' sounds...not at all mexican, or worth copyrighting...

Yeah....he's not that great.

And his "mexican solo" is like 4 seconds.
He hopes he helped people with their mexican influenced songs.
I like to play it with an E major chord, then move the E shape up a half step while still leaving the other strings open, then moving it up a whole step and back down again.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by unet
Yeah....he's not that great.

And his "mexican solo" is like 4 seconds.
He hopes he helped people with their mexican influenced songs.

He's you, isn't he?
The playground of the world