I've been looking into patch cable kits like those made by George L and Planet Waves. The custom length concept sounds cool, but a fair number of the reviews indicate that owners frequently lost their signal due to these and had to recut often.

Does anyone have experience with these sorts of kits? How often do you lose your signal and need to redo them?
If you don't want to spend $$ on those, you can purchase connectors and cable yourself and solder them if you're good with that stuff.

I got 20ft of cable, 12 connectors and 3' of heat shrink tubing for $38.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by ibanezgod1973
mine work fine, i use the planet waves ones .....swear by them

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been using them? Have you ever had to recut in that time?

Quote by Zamorak
If you don't want to spend $$ on those, you can purchase connectors and cable yourself and solder them if you're good with that stuff.

I've only soldered once in my life, so I assume I'm not very good. That, and I don't have the tools for it.
never had to recut them, currently just under 2 years that i`ve been using them, before that i was using spectraflex and whirlwind cables.