sup pit,

so next week i'm going to latitude festival and it's my first time camping at a major festival, and i'm making a festival survival guide: basically a list of essentials and tips for festival going.

some i've heard already are:

"eating pringles will slow down your digestive system so you have to use the lovely toilets less often, and the tube is a great place to store valuables once you've finished."

and

"bring a lighter and some rizlas to offer your tent neighbours if they need some/have none themselves, so they'll be more likely to challenge someone trying to steal your stuff."

thoughts?

TL;DR: advice and tips, and things to take for a traditional british festival! (:

- i am aware that latitude festival isn't exactly BRUTALZ, but it's my first time okay
- i searchbarred... if there's another thread, mine's better
Last edited by MOODY17 at Jul 11, 2010,
Ok TS, listen carefully..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i've never heard that pringles did that, but i would avoid bran or anything with 'lax' in the name
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Wet Wipes. And +243 to the second tip, that's a really good plan.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by bass-man9712
i've never heard that pringles did that, but i would avoid bran or anything with 'lax' in the name

Would you avoid a wild Snorlax?
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by Stugg334
Wet Wipes. And +243 to the second tip, that's a really good plan.

yes! i forgot wet wipes; i've bought a few packets
Some people bring toilet paper...but smart people bring baby (aka wet) wipes( allows you to wipe your face ect in the morning and feel a little fresher). A gazebo is always nice if you can get one up, a hat and umbrella (because no matter what the weather they will come in handy). And finally, from personal experience i would say bring some fruit juice. I know it's not metal and crazycool but when you wake up at 6.30 in the morning with a mouth so barron of liquid that death would be a welcome relief, some exotic fruit juice twist will purk you right up.

Damnit! i was far too slow
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Jul 11, 2010,
The second idea is very good, the amount of times i was asked for rizla was untrue.

If you are staying for long (a weekend or more) try to work out when they clean out the toilets, that way they might be a bit smelly all the same, but its about as good as it will get.

Wear suncream, i thought i would be alright but ended up looking like i had been in an oven when i came back.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Some people bring toilet paper...but smart people bring baby wipes( allows you to wipe your face ect in the morning and feel a little fresher). A gazebo is always nice if you can get one up, a hat and umbrella (because no matter what the weather they will come in handy). And finally, from personal experience i would say bring some fruit juice. I know it's not metal and crazycool but when you wake up at 6.30 in the morning with a mouth so barron of liquid that death would be a welcome relief, some exotic fruit juice twist will purk you right up.

thanks man, i love fruit juice

Quote by donender
The second idea is very good, the amount of times i was asked for rizla was untrue.

If you are staying for long (a weekend or more) try to work out when they clean out the toilets, that way they might be a bit smelly all the same, but its about as good as it will get.

Wear suncream, i thought i would be alright but ended up looking like i had been in an oven when i came back.

ooh, i haven't heard the one about toilet cleaning times before (: thanks.
Last edited by MOODY17 at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by MOODY17

"eating pringles will slow down your digestive system so you have to use the lovely toilets less often, and the tube is a great place to store valuables once you've finished."

At first I took this to mean that the Pringles Tube was a good place to take a shit in.

I suggest Chapstick.
The playground of the world
Ahh have fun
I went to the last two Latitudes and they were both ****ing awesome
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
All you need is 1 set of clean clothing.

Then the most important thing is LSD and Amphetamines and your set once you snapp out the trip you jumpt to the uppers and party on and save some for the trip back home.

TBH: i don't know what Latitude Festival is sounds like some kinda of Hipster Festival..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by Nexium
All you need is 1 set of clean clothing.

Then the most important thing is LSD and Amphetamines and your set once you snapp out the trip you jumpt to the uppers and party on and save some for the trip back home.

TBH: i don't know what Latitude Festival is sounds like some kinda of Hipster Festival..

it isn't really, it's a bit middle aged actually :/ and yeah, being on speed in the car with my dad sounds like a right laugh :p

i sound like a right bender
Pack little but efficiently.
Wet wipes
Always carry a poncho in your back pocket no matter how nice the weather may be in the morning when you go to the arena.
Gazebos are useful
Take a fold out chair as they make general living through the few days much more cosy
I enjoy cereal bars myself
Take more money than you hope to spend and always keep it on you. When asleep have it at the bottom of your sleeping bag
Be nice to your neighbours

If you like getting ****ed at your campsite then plastic bottles are a must for pissing unless you are near the toilet.

Then when you get up and get blazed on the hangover the morning after you can judge who has the most unhealthy piss.

People will walk through your campsite disgusted though.
Im not sure what Latitude is like compared to other British festivals, but if you plan on trying to get to sleep take some earplugs or if you have noise cancelling earphones those would work too.

Bring a pillow.

Everything else that has been suggested is good especially the wet wipes and make sure you get to know the people camping around you, if you does these things then you should have a great festival!
Last edited by sf reaper at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by MOODY17
i don't have a poncho...
i'll just have to aquire some weed then

Oh yeah i forgot to say (the other guy said this as well), ponchos are important, at download this year it rained heavily on the last day, even though i was wearing a jacket, we had to walk back to our tents and change clothes, i was completely soaked through, if i kept a poncho in my pocket i would have probably held out, so yeah take a poncho.

Take 2 pairs of shoes as well, for a similar reason, preferably one pair of trainers, one pair of good boots, i wore my trainers one day when it was nice weather, then the next day, but it rained so much that i had to ditch them (they were only cheap) and stuck with my boots for the rest of the time.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Don't padlock ANYTHING. If you have valuables, DON'T TAKE THEM WITH YOU. You you have to, have them in a locker or in a zipped up pocket with you. Take the least amount of stuff you can, even if that means forking out more money for food and shit.
Have some big bottles of water and a loaf of bread in your tent, so when you come back at night very drunk, make sure you drink a few pints of water and a few slices of bread.

You will sleep better and the last thing you want at a loud music festival is a hangover.
Chapstick and earplugs can be the two things you wish you had more than anything if you forget. Tapestries are good also I like to bring a wallet I can physically attach to my body.
Hello, my name is Rob and I am a guitar player .
I have no money, my wife left me and all I want to do is play another tune!
Pringles tubes are handy for sneaking beers into the main arena (that is if you get searched at Latitude, it's like that for Leeds). Empty out the pringles, put your can/bottle in the bottom of the tube and then put a few pringes on top to hide it, simple!

Take plenty of snack foods too, cereal bars and stuff. It is a pain in the arse scrabbling around in the pitch dark trying to set your stove up when you are starving at 3 in the morning..

Remember wet wipes and that anti-bacterial handspray stuff too.
remember ...recyclable tent company is shit and never use them..... ours broke on the first day, ended up sleeping on the sloppy mud for four days ±____±

SLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR TENT.... people were slash tents....with sharp objects.... and you dont want your face near the tent fabric when that happens ....
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Jul 11, 2010,