I have developed a habit of resting my arm on the tremolo of my guitar(more specifically the string holders and sometimes the fine tuners). Is it wrong because it seems faster and more precise to me then just floating my hand above the strings. The only downside I have seen is playing other guitars that don't have a tremolo system, then resting my arm on the bridge is harder and then I usually don't rest arm anywhere.
Resting your hand on your tremolo is most likely the worst mistake to do. The slight pressure on tremolo can make the notes go sharp. Rest your palm on the strings, but very lightly.
Live each day as if its your last.
Quote by Coup de Grace
Resting your hand on your tremolo is most likely the worst mistake to do. The slight pressure on tremolo can make the notes go sharp. Rest your palm on the strings, but very lightly.

I forgot to say that my trem was blocked anyway, but during the time when it wasn't I never recognized any pitch shifts with the tremolo, because I rest my arm quite softly on my tremolo.
Quote by Coup de Grace

That, or on the saddles, which is what I do. Any farther back and your hand's weight is farther down the axis of the trem, meaning a 1 or 2 degree bend translates to a noticeable difference in pitch.