I have the blueprint for my tele build but I want to have TOM bridge instead of traditional tele bridge. Anybody knows the dimensions and coordinate of the posts?
It will be awesome if someone has a plan/print of a telecaster body with TOM bridge.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

You can just measure it using the scale length. You also need to recess the bridge unless you plan on angling the neck.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Yepp. I plan to recess the bridge and keep the neck straight.
Do you have any pointers on how to take the measurements using scale length? I really want the exact measurements of the posts so I can feed them to the machines.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

correct me if im wrong but im sure for scale length the distance between the nut and the 12th fret should be the same as the distance between the bridge and the 12th fret.
Quote by reversegenesis
correct me if im wrong but im sure for scale length the distance between the nut and the 12th fret should be the same as the distance between the bridge and the 12th fret.

Yes it is, but the thing is that I won't be able to take any measurements without a neck. This is a body that will be carved and routed by machines and I sure as hell won't drill such holes by hand (very clumsy!). I will need something that I can measure from within the body dimensions.

@MintSauce: Thanks. Now I only need their coordinate within the body.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by hminh87
Yes it is, but the thing is that I won't be able to take any measurements without a neck. This is a body that will be carved and routed by machines and I sure as hell won't drill such holes by hand (very clumsy!). I will need something that I can measure from within the body dimensions.

@MintSauce: Thanks. Now I only need their coordinate within the body.

you'll need to know what the scale length of the neck is and where the last fret will be in relation to the body.
1. Plan the guitar out to scale,
2. Draw a centre line on, running down the middle of the fingerboard and through the body,
3. Take the distance from the nut to the 12th fret and multiply it by two - this is your scale length,
4. Draw an intonation line at a distance equal to the scale length from the nut breaking point or zero fret - it should be perpendicular to your centre line,
5. Mark the intonation line to give a 74mm post distance - 37mm up, 37mm down,
6. Place a protractor on the treble side point, then draw a new line that's angled towards the rear of the body by 3.1°,
7. On the new line, mark your bass side post position by measuring 74mm from your treble post.

Edit: Just use a drill press if it's easier - use a tiny pilot, then follow through with your 6mm or 10mm bit.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Jul 11, 2010,
I'm getting Warmoth Pro convertion neck so the post should be fine if it's drilled for 25.5 scale length.
Since I don't have a neck to do the measurement yet I will need some reference point on the body to find the location of the bridge posts. What about aound the neck pocket. Anybody knows?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R