I was looking for a couple wall mounts for my guitars to clear up some space in my room, but I live in an apartment, and the renter company doesn't take too kindly with holes being screwed into the wall. Is there such a thing as a screwless wall mount? Similar to the 3M hangers perhaps?

Help would be much appreciated!

Howdy there, just a quick question what kind of guitar is it? if its a heavy guitar some of the nonscrew ones will have problems.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
ya you don't wanna use the 3m stuff for a expensive heavy guitar. that stuff is for hanging up small posters and picture frames. 5 pounds or over is gonna give it problems.

since your a renter...is the wall white?

you can screw as long as you cover it up with putty when you leave. it's just dry wall right?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Hey another Aggie! But I have a Les Paul so yeah I guess I'm sol as far as adhesive goes...is there some adhesive that's made for holding objects over 10 pounds? And yeah it's just dry wall, I just didn't want to go through the trouble of having to fill in holes
Psssh. Hook 'em.

Anything that is solely adhesive based is probably not going to be reliable enough to hold the guitar unless you have a lot more surface area being bonded to the wall. Even screws can pull out of drywall fairly easily. Even adhesive pads can damage the wall so I'd probably not go for hanging a LP like that.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Just fill in the holes, theres no way around it. If you had said you had an S series I would have told you to let it float above the heat vent, but that Gibson is just too heavy. Get some putty, and have a safe guitar!

edit: make sure to go into the stud
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jul 11, 2010,
When all else fails.. Duct tape!
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Filling the holes is easier than repairing the damage from adhesive. A putty knife and a small can of joint compound is pretty cheap and simple. Adhesive will tear the paper that encapsulates the wallboard substance. When you rip the paper you create a more complicated repair than a simple hole. Use the hangers that have a larger threaded plastic anchor and screw.
If you're not bothered about it being mounted visibly, this is a great invention - I've got 2 on order XD

http://www.theguitarhanger.com
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Quote by Bleach265
If you're not bothered about it being mounted visibly, this is a great invention - I've got 2 on order XD

That is awesome.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Bleach265

+1

Would do that, but my dresser is in my closet :/

Oh well, floor stand works fine.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by Bleach265

Really cool item, but it isn't convenient enough for me. Way over at the closet? Maybe for the ol' acoustic...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."