Okay, let's say a local band were to release their first EP and have a music video for one of the songs.

Then, maybe a few months later, they release a Full album with all of those EP songs on it, plus some brand new ones.....would you call that cheating the fans?

Just asking for an opinion before I go on.
Depends on how many new songs are on it and are the EP ones improved in any way.
that pretty much the point of releasing an EP, getting "singles" out to pump up anticipation for the album
4 song EP, 10 song Album... What's to complain about?

If there were 5 songs on the EP and 8 on the album, that'd probably be worth casual bitching about. But normally, that's fine, almost expected.
Quote by intothe
Were the old songs re-recorded?

Yeah they were.

mmkay I guess this thread is over lol
If you want any sort of tip, i would leave out one or two songs from said EP onto the Full Length, so fans have a reason to look for the EP afterwords.
But if that doesn't matter much then just go ahead with your idea.
Quote by Shustermeister
If you want any sort of tip, i would leave out one or two songs from said EP onto the Full Length, so fans have a reason to look for the EP afterwords.
But if that doesn't matter much then just go ahead with your idea.

Cool. I don't know why this never even crossed my mind. Thanks bro.
Nah, mate, it's fine. To me a DEMO/EP serves the same purpose as a myspace page, just without the internet. To give people a taste of what you are like, and a chance to judge wether your music would be anything for them or not.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I agree with not putting all of the EP songs onto the full album. I'm sure there are a lot of people who currently don't know about your band at all, who will discover you after you've already put out the full-length album. Give them a reason to seek out your earlier EP. For those people who hear your LP first, the EP songs that you don't put on the LP will feel like a bonus "treat."
Last edited by drumwolf at Jul 13, 2010,