Hey everyone... new here. Looks like a cool site

I just purchased a Boss RV-5 reverb pedal... but having some trouble getting it to work in my setup. I have a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 with Vintage 30s plugged into a Boss NS-2, ran to the RV-5 and the end is a DOD YJM-308 (modded to a 250) pedal. Whenever I turn up the level knob on the RV-5 past like a 1/5th of a way my sound gets extremely muddy and it sounds like it's destroying my tone. I have the cables plugged in through the Input A and Output A, and no matter what I try I can't get it to sound good. Even with the DOD-250 off and the knob turned up halfway, something sounds wrong.

Did I do something wrong or is this normal? Lol. Thanks a lot.
Is it in your effects loop. Didn't seem to read that.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
No... I plugged it into my amp's effect loop and the sound was horrible, something wasn't right.

I put the RV-5 in front of my DOD-250 and it helped a lot but it still isn't super good... any other ideas?
The signal path should be DOD-NS2-Amp-RV5 in FX loop or DOD-Amp-NS2-RV5. The only reason I can think of why the FX loop would sound worse is that it's putting out a line level signal that the pedal can't handle.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Try it in front of the amp. If that doesn't change anything, the pedal may be faulty
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet