Hey all! i need some help buying a guitar i have a choice of either the schecter omen extreme or the schecter daimen 6. which one is the better guitar? i know daimen 6 has emg passive pickups and basswood body and the omen extreme has Schecter Diamond Plus Pickups. so which is the better one? please help quick coz i get either one on saturday this week. thanks
Well, what do you play? There may be some other alternatives to those two guitars that may suit you better.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Have you tried each of these out yet? I can't tell you what you're going to like, so it's best you try them out and choose which is the best value for the cash. If you're not sure yet, don't rush into it and buy it.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
i would go for the Damien personally.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
i havnt played on a amp im probs go into the store and play on an amp. but i play like metal/hardcore/alternative rock. stuff like dat.
Well then personally I enjoy the C-1 series more than the others
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by giggsy_killaz
iv seen and heard the c1 that sound and looks killa but outa my price range.

Have you considered buying used? I find that new guitars are just a big money pit.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
there are c-1's on ebay that are almost new for less than a new damien or omen extreme. i bought my c-7 for $380, c-1's are like $340.
omen extreme is the winner for me.
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
yeah for the price and wat it is the omen is starting to look like the winner. iunno my parents dont really like buying things off ebay. so yeah omen for me if i cant get the hellraiser
they look awesome too.
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
Quote by giggsy_killaz
yeah for the price and wat it is the omen is starting to look like the winner. iunno my parents dont really like buying things off ebay. so yeah omen for me if i cant get the hellraiser

Have you tried Craigslist?

I bought my Tele, Strat, and sold my Spider on there. Craiglist is F'ing awesome.

I can find you some nasty deals

EDIT: Of course, your in Australia.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by giggsy_killaz
that site looks good but no one uses it wer i am..

Well nontheless, convince your parents to let you use ebay. Use a paypal account and only buy from sellers with high ratings. I haven't been scammed once off ebay, and I needed to return an item cause it didnt fit on my guitar, and the seller was more than happy to sell me the right part.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
yeah ill try lol. my dad was saying he would rather spend the money on a new one then seccond hand. so hopefully he buys me a good guitar.
Quote by giggsy_killaz
yeah ill try lol. my dad was saying he would rather spend the money on a new one then seccond hand. so hopefully he buys me a good guitar.

I dunno man, you can get great condition guitars for very little because people just need the money fast. I've seen MIM Strats going for $200, MIA Strats for $400, Gibson LP Standards for 1K, all in great condition. Used is the way to go . But hey man, up to you.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
omen extreme, damiens IMO have bad pickups, and im not a big basswood fan, besides the omen extremes are right down sexy
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
omen extreme, damiens IMO have bad pickups, and im not a big basswood fan, besides the omen extremes are right down sexy

especially in trans ocean blue!!
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
O_o yes tans ocean blue. very sexy. i might get the omen extreme and later on buy new pickups something like emgs or something. so thank you all and ill let you know what ill do on sat hopefully i make the right decision.
Quote by diceksox1809
Well then personally I enjoy the C-1 series more than the others

Me too, but it's a bit out of his range.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.