Page 1 of 3
I came to realize to today, that I have two very debilitating and irrational fears.

Obviously I didnt just realize I had them, but I realized how idiotic they were today.

For example, I'm deathly terrified of the dark. Its so bad I wont walk outside if its dark, and if I do I'm pretty much hyperventilating the whole time. It makes doing anything past a certain time an absolute nightmare.

My second phobia is heights. If I'm higher than 6ft of the ground, I get nervous as hell, and I cant do anything. Literally. Its like my ass is a suction cup and the roof is the nearest solid object to stick to.

So pit, how many of you suffer from irrational fears?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Moths.
Just ugh. I can't be in the same room as one, I just stop in my tracks and then run away if I see one.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

DON'T POST THE FINGERS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T!!!

If you do, I will hate you forever.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
DON'T POST THE FINGERS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T!!!

If you do, I will hate you forever.

Oh god, reverse pyshcology is in effect. It will be posted. You had to open your mouth didn't you!

Quote by Trowzaa
Oh god, reverse pyshcology is in effect. It will be posted. You had to open your mouth didn't you!

It's called "reverse reverse psychology".

DirtEdit: and this post is reverse psychology.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 11, 2010,
I fear chance. You never know how things will turn out, but I feel its somewhat of a rational fear. The fear of the unknown!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I fear rollercoasters. I don't have a problem with heights, just rollercoasters in general.... I also fear hurting myself to the point where I can't do some of my favorite things, like guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Trowzaa
Moths.
Just ugh. I can't be in the same room as one, I just stop in my tracks and then run away if I see one.

THIS. I mean, wtf is wrong with me, they're literally the most harmless, pathetic creatures there are but they just terrify me.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I fear naked mole rats.

So you aren't a fan of Fallout 3 then?

I hate spiders. Otherwise I am fearless.

Quote by Bushonmyhead
So you aren't a fan of Fallout 3 then?

I hate spiders. Otherwise I am fearless.

I adore Fallout 3, it gives me the opportunity to shoot those wretched monsters in the face or fracture their skulls in with a stick.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
THIS. I mean, wtf is wrong with me, they're literally the most harmless, pathetic creatures there are but they just terrify me.

They're like butterflies but ugly. I don't mind butterflies at all, I think they're quite beautiful creatures... Moths however, they just need to die.

When I'm walking on concrete steps, I'm always afraid that I'm going to fall and crush my teeth. Because of this, I have my head slightly angled to the side when going down. Stupid, I know.
Last edited by hildesaw at Jul 11, 2010,
deep water
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by valennic
My second phobia is heights. If I'm higher than 6ft of the ground, I get nervous as hell, and I cant do anything. Literally. Its like my ass is a suction cup and the roof is the nearest solid object to stick to.

I have this one too.

I don't even need to be that high up. Even when I was standing on the table to hang up Christmas decorations I was hugging the roof beam like it had given me money.
Quote by Minkaro
I have this one too.

I don't even need to be that high up. Even when I was standing on the table to hang up Christmas decorations I was hugging the roof beam like it had given me money.

Isn't it horrible? I mean, I have to work on a roof to put shingles on it, and its just hell for me. My hearts racing the whole time, and when it comes time to get down, it takes like 10 minutes to prepare myself.

Its horrible Theres gotta be some kinda therapy for it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm kind of scared of the dark but it's more like "I'm scared of the ninja, zombie or terrorist jumping out from the dark"
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
i wouldnt say heights is an irrational fear... but i got that one.. despite being 6 foot 4..

I guess my irrational fear is when something surprising happens with this one machine at work.. its because the parts we put in are perfect and every once in awhile it will slam them together.. while nothing really happens cause of it it throws my nerves out of whack for awhile. I kind of build myself up for it though
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
People standing up when I'm sitting down

freaks me the hell out
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I'm afraid of getting loose hairs in my mouth. I had one stuck in my throat once and it made me puke. Now everytime i see someone cleaning out their hairbrush i freak out. =(
i become a little scared girl whenever a spider or a wasp comes around

Im good other than that but yeah...
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Snakes and heights.

I used to have a huge fear of roller coasters and those huge water slides at water parks when I was a kid. Now I enjoy them
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
The only things that I'm irrationally afraid of are certain social situations.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Slender Man.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I'm scared of getting sucked out into the abyss of space, and meteors/asteroids.
Quote by Metalology
Slender Man.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Well, this goes hand in hand with the fear of the dark: I have a crazy fear of aliens, as in the idea that I'm going to be abducted or something. I know, it's strange, but the idea is enough to paralyze me with fear.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
The only things that I'm irrationally afraid of are certain social situations.

Name them? I could have these fears of social situations myself.
Quote by AsTheSkyDarkens
This. O also, just bugs in general. Freaks me out.

Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
I definitely wouldn't say a fear of heights is irrational. I think it's very rationalized consider our bodies are rather fragile and you don't have to be up very high to get seriously injured or even killed by a fall.

I also have a fear of knives and spiders. So, if I ever find myself in a hot air balloon with giant mutant spiders wielding knives, I'm fucked.

A fear of spiders maybe irrational. It could probably go either way.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Jul 11, 2010,
Page 1 of 3