ok so im gonna be a freshman this year. so ive been thinkin bout careers n iam really leanin towards some kinda guitar or reacording related one. wat colleges should i look at waht kinda careers could i possibly look into. aand what should i be doing in the next four years to get ready?
Bryce
Don't think about being a professional musician. Session players are not that hard to come across. You can get lucky and become a very reliable and useful one and get lots of jobs, but it's unlikely.

Either way, experience experience experience experience.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You seem like you would flourish as an English major.

i agree wid diz post.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I think you'd do well in the suicide field. Seriously, are you a dyslexic 8 year old with Parkinson's using a broken keyboard in the dark?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Cool. Cool. The kinds of colleges that offer programs related to guitar or recording (here in Van we have a good recording program at Langara College, for example). Guitar playing, recording, production, etc. There are lots of careers in the interests you identified. Get into one of these colleges/programs and start networking, learn a lot of stuff.
Pizza Delivery. It's quite inevitable at this point in time.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You seem like you would flourish as an English major.

Quote by guitarsftw
Pizza Delivery. It's quite inevitable at this point in time.

He didn't mention being a drummer...?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
NO!!! Do NOT go to college for a career in music. Music is something you really do not need a degree to do. Go for a degree that will mean you have a good chance to get a job. Do music while studying for that degree as well as after.

While I'm sure you want a career that makes you happy, you also want one that will mean you wont be struggling or living dollar to dollar.

I hate to be a dream killer but, it is not a reliable field.

There is a guitar center full of people near me who went to college for a field in music and they all say that it was a bad idea.

You could major in business and minor in music which could set you up to manage musicians, start or run a business which could include music stores or studios. This could also mean you can work for companies and corporations.
Quote by BrokenDstring
He didn't mention being a drummer...?

Drummers wash dishes because they aren't allowed to operate motor vehicles.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
My pizza just was delivered cold so I tailed the driver with plans to disable his power supply and cause his AC to conk out. I also will be honest and admit I wanted his food to spoil in his refrigeration unit. I waited up the street and walked up to his house about an hour after he had got home to take care of business. Luckilly he was playing on his drum set, I could hear him- he couldnt hear me.., so I proceeded to cut the power supply. ****in drummers always ****in up my pizza delivery orders brah.
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
Last edited by slight☼return at Jul 11, 2010,