im looking for a new amp under $1000 australian dollars. i would like a good amp for metal like lamb of god and children of bodom aswell as some clean stuff to. would prefer a tube amp/stack. i know lamb of god use mesa but i cant find for me. i was also thinking of the krank rev jr standard but cause there not that well known in aus im hesitating to get one
Ima say try out a Peavey 6505+, see if you like it. (or Peavey 5150 II, they're the exact same amp)

Mesa Mark IV would be nice for you (yes, i did read your post.)

Both amps have tighter low end (Mark IV is tighter)

I'm honestly spit-balling, but I'd imagine you can get a Peavey in aussieland. Although... when i lived in Singapore all the guitar stores stacked were marshalls >.<
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Ima say try out a Peavey 6505+, see if you like it. (or Peavey 5150 II, they're the exact same amp)

Mesa Mark IV would be nice for you (yes, i did read your post.)

Both amps have tighter low end (Mark IV is tighter)

I'm honestly spit-balling, but I'd imagine you can get a Peavey in aussieland. Although... when i lived in Singapore all the guitar stores stacked were marshalls >.<

haha thanks yeah ill have a look at the peavys
Quote by rocker222
dude just use an effects peddle it works.

i have a boss mt-2 but my fender frontman (the one that comes with the squire) stills sounds crappy
Quote by rocker222

MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by triple6
i have a boss mt-2 but my fender frontman (the one that comes with the squire) stills sounds crappy

lmao ohhhhhhhhhhhh. i didnt read the whole thing...........
Quote by rocker222

/facepalm
Attachments:
facepalm.jpg
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
You're gonna be hard pressed to find a Peavey 6505 under $1000 let alone a head and cab. You might be able to find a Bugera 6262 combo for under $1000 but it's not likely
Got my 5150II and shitty line 6 cab all for only $800 USD... so there are deals out there, just gotta hunt.

Selling my line 6 cab for like $200, so i look at it like im getting a $100 profit.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Got my 5150II and shitty line 6 cab all for only $800 USD... so there are deals out there, just gotta hunt.

Selling my line 6 cab for like $200, so i look at it like im getting a $100 profit.

All good if you're in the US, but here in Australia there's about a 200% markup on everything
Keep hunting for a Mesa/Boogie, but if you can't find one, just go with a Peavey 6505+
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
Keep hunting for a Mesa/Boogie, but if you can't find one, just go with a Peavey 6505+

Mesa Boogies are insanely expensive outside the U.S.

They are crazy expensive in Europe, where gear prices are fairly normal. I can only imagine how expensive they'd be in Australia where they get screwed on gear
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
Mesa Boogies are insanely expensive outside the U.S.

They are crazy expensive in Europe, where gear prices are fairly normal. I can only imagine how expensive they'd be in Australia where they get screwed on gear

Yep gotta love when ppl don't read the OP I have never seen a Dual Rec under $2500 in Aus and that one looked pretty beat up anyway
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Yep gotta love when ppl don't read the OP I have never seen a Dual Rec under $2500 in Aus and that one looked pretty beat up anyway

Your musical brethren overseas hear your plight and feel your pain
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by AxSilentxLine
All good if you're in the US, but here in Australia there's about a 200% markup on everything

Yeah, thats unfortunate... Are there any good Aussie high gain amp companies then?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Yeah, thats unfortunate... Are there any good Aussie high gain amp companies then?

MI Amplification, but they're all boutique amps and just as pricey. Jet City and Orange amps are surprisingly cheap here though
Quote by AxSilentxLine
MI Amplification, but they're all boutique amps and just as pricey. Jet City and Orange amps are surprisingly cheap here though

Tones from the Jet City JCA 20w in a recent NAD made me shit my pants. Sounds like its a pretty good amp and has decent amount of gain. it's cheap too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
if you can find the 6505+ combo then get that, and the krank junior is not bad either. since your in australia im not sure wha you can afford but those are the two amps i'd recommend
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if you can find the 6505+ combo then get that, and the krank junior is not bad either. since your in australia im not sure wha you can afford but those are the two amps i'd recommend

Yeah unfortunately the 6505 60W combo goes for around $2500 here. I'd look into Jet City amps they are easily your best band for your buck amps here