I've heard it can warp the neck because of less tension?
My guitar was never adjusted to go to D Standard, but it sounds just fine.

I'm using Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom (10's)
Actually I'm pretty sure it's just the opposite, if the strings are tighter than it'll warp. D-Standard shouldn't do anything.
-------------------------------------------------
facebook.com/thesedrowningtides
youtube.com/thesedrowningtides
-------------------------------------------------
Well theoretically it can, but that can depend on a whole host of factors including environmental ones.

It has never hurt my guitars personally and I sometimes tune down to B.

If you plan to keep that guitar in that specific tuning over time the neck will probably change. That will simply mean some small truss adjustments.
It'll be fine, if it starts to bow/bend just set it up. Just don't leave it bowed for a long time it'll be a bitch to set back up.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
Seeing as you have 10's I wouldn't keep it in D Standard for too long. If you want to keep it there for a while I'd go to 11's.
It can't "hurt" your guitar. You might need to adjust the truss rod but that should be it. I prefer to have a little relief (But not much) In my necks for when I downtune. Preferably no more than ten thousandths of relief. (when you downtune there's less tension, therefore the neck straightens out a bit)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jul 12, 2010,
No. Your guitar will spontaneously combust. And it will prematurely kill your unborn children.

Seriously, it makes no sense at all why it wouldn't be able to. I tune my guitars between D# standard, Drop C#, C standard and Drop A#.

Without adjusting my truss rod.

I think you'll be fine.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
No. Your guitar will spontaneously combust. And it will prematurely kill your unborn children.

Seriously, it makes no sense at all why it wouldn't be able to. I tune my guitars between D# standard, Drop C#, C standard and Drop A#.

Without adjusting my truss rod.

I think you'll be fine.

This^

I think you'll only notice having to adjust the tross rodd if you leave the strings off for a few days really, since all the tension is gone, if the strings are still on there's at least still some tension there