i play lots of thrash metal and hard rock (metallica,gnr,slayer,megadeth) and i need a distortion pedal or od i play an epiphone sg into a cry baby and a boss ds1 into a marshall mg 15
Better off saving for a new amp. The MG gets a lot of hate on these forums.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
You'd probably be better off sticking with your DS-1 for now until you can upgrade your amp. A new distortion pedal probably wouldn't help much. The money you would spend on it would be better put towards a new amp.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Yes. Instead of saving for an pedal, save for a new amp.
Trust me. No matter what you hook up to that MG, it's gonna sound like crap.
Like the guy above me said, save up for a new amp before you buy a pedal.

If you hold out for a little bit, you could get yourself a nice little combo amp for about $300 or so. Trust me you will not regret it.
i use an epiphone sg (like it better than gibson for some reason) with a digitech death metal pedal and an epiphone 15w studio amp. what i do is turn the high and low right up and the mid right down on the amp, and the high right up on the pedal, with no mid and 3 quarters low.
Quote by callum1
i use an epiphone sg (like it better than gibson for some reason) with a digitech death metal pedal and an epiphone 15w studio amp. what i do is turn the high and low right up and the mid right down on the amp, and the high right up on the pedal, with no mid and 3 quarters low.

This might sound okay when you're just playing by yourself but is not recommended for when you're playing with other musicians as with the bass and treble that high you'll start invading on other instruments frequency ranges (Particularly the bass and cymbals) and will struggle to have your guitar heard without mids.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
hm ive played a couple of gigs with my amp mic'ed up to a PA and it hasnt been a problem for me, but i see what you mean. ill play around with it a bit more and see what happens thanks