Okay. I have been modding my strat for a long time now and I am almost finished with it. I just need to change the pickups. I need some help deciding which pickups to put in it. I mainly play heavier music. But I also tend to play White Stripe-ish stuff. Oh, NO EMGs. I despise them. Anything other than those...
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Well while i'm all for modding guitars if you're serious about your tone you gotta start at the amp. What are you running at the moment?

This.

I looked at his pics, and yet I can't tell.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
As of right now I am just running through my Ibanez Tube Screamer, and a Digitech multi-effects pedal to my Crate Vintage club 30. But I have a MESA Triple Rectifier coming and alot of EHX pedals.
All of my pictures were taken at a friends place with his guitars. Not a big fan of his.
But it works wonders for it actually. A buddy of mine uses one and we play the same style.
I don't get into debates over that because everybody says something different. I think they're post-hardcore and that's what their record label has them as, so that's what i'm sticking to.
ya i mean i guess anything after hardcore could be called post hardcore. the most recent of those bands came out what .... 15 years after hardcore?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
So many bands have different elements of different genres mixed into them so it's unfair to even fit them into a definitive genre
Quote by davidswigert
So many bands have different elements of different genres mixed into them so it's unfair to even fit them into a definitive genre

This.

My band has made a few Post-hardcore songs, and then we went straight to punk, and then back to metal, and now we are heading in a prog metal direction.

Does genre really matter?

Edit: Does switching through different types of sounds on every other song label us as avant garde, or experimental? Probably not.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Jul 11, 2010,
...but AA! and ADTR are just crappy generic scenecore... If you listen to at the drive in, glassjaw, and thursday you should see the light.

EDIT: AM, I appreciate your understanding of this genre.
Last edited by phoenix_crush at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by davidswigert

better tell music historians that their job is impossible and they better give up now.
I'll call berklee you get julliard.

a triple rec would be fine for the bands that you listed as "post-hardcore"
No it doesn't matter. Its all in the preference of the band and what direction they want to take it.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
This.

My band has made a few Post-hardcore songs, and then we went straight to punk, and then back to metal, and now we are heading in a prog metal direction.

Does genre really matter?

Edit: Does switching through different types of sounds on every other song label us as avant garde, or experimental? Probably not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_the_Mute
Quote by AcousticMirror
better tell music historians that their job is impossible and they better give up now.
I'll call berklee you get julliard.

a triple rec would be fine for the bands that you listed as "post-hardcore"

Haha! Lets get on that! :P Yeah. It's on the way. Should get it in a few days.
There are a bunch of good bands out there. I am mainly getting new equipment in hopes of starting up my old band again. Sold all of my old stuff a few years ago.
seriously people why do you have to argue semantics over genres? Silverstein's early stuff was most definitely post hardcore for the record. TS the triple rec should do ok but a JCM800 or a DSL100 would probably do better IMO
Because people are ignorant. I had the JCM800 but I sold that. I tweak and fidget with my pedals and amp settings and I couldn't get what I wanted out of that.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
seriously people why do you have to argue semantics over genres? Silverstein's early stuff was most definitely post hardcore for the record. TS the triple rec should do ok but a JCM800 or a DSL100 would probably do better IMO

just because they sound different and if you're not gonna be specific about definitions about the words that you're going to use why use them at all. just list a couple of bands you like.

even silverstein's early stuff sounds nothing like early thursday. I'd assume that you'd want different stuff to do one or the other. or something.

well, I mean I dunno. anything you can do slo can do better?
Quote by AcousticMirror
just because they sound different and if you're not gonna be specific about definitions about the words that you're going to use why use them at all. just list a couple of bands you like.

even silverstein's early stuff sounds nothing like early thursday. I'd assume that you'd want different stuff to do one or the other. or something.

well, I mean I dunno. anything you can do slo can do better?

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Rhetorics don't change the fact it's all semantics

I like Thrice for example, but none of the bands I like bear any impact on the topic of TS wanting a triple rec for post hardcore
Quote by AxSilentxLine
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Rhetorics don't change the fact it's all semantics

I like Thrice for example, but none of the bands I like bear any impact on the topic of TS wanting a triple rec for post hardcore

ya but music isn't only categorized by it's guitar sound. if you take everything else into account I don't think it's hard to trace a progression or categorize properly. anyhow.

triple rec i choose you!
metalcore is kinda closer
ADTR label themselves as hardcore pop punk and metal/core and that kinda sums it up nicely for them and im pretty sure they use triple recs a lot of the time so that amp will do the job
interestingly no-one yet has suggested any type of pickups for this guy and everyone knows the bands he's into
i dont know too much about single coils but dimarzio seems to be a good place to start