I might buy some new gear soon and I need some suggestions. My only effect so far is a Boss MT2.

My budget is up to 200-250$CA. Some pedals I'm interested in are wah's, delays, chorus, loop stations. I'm also interested in other effects I do not know, I'm just a bit of a noob when it comes to pedals.

I play almost exclusivly trash metal, and I'd like to get near Marty Friedman's sound. Right now, I'm mostly playing rythm.

I'm also considering a new amp, since my MG15... is a MG. I just think that for my budget, I won't be able to get a decent all-tube amp that's worth it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

It might be worth waiting until you upgrade your amp before buying effects as the money you spend on them would likely be better spent if put towards your amp.

Otherwise a Boss DD7 might be worth a look. It's a delay with a quite a wide range of delay times and features like reverse and a looper (Up to 40 secs). If you put it on a very short delay time you might even be able to coax a reverby/chorus type effect out of it.

That said, I've always thought of Marty Friedman as being a pretty straight-forward player when it comes to gear, not using many effects and such.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Save more money towards a new amp. That'll help you sound more than any effect will right now.

Throwing effects in front of an MG15 is like sugar coating crap. Is it better? Sure, but not by much.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Spike6sic6
I might buy some new gear soon and I need some suggestions. My only effect so far is a Boss MT2.

My budget is up to 200-250$CA. Some pedals I'm interested in are wah's, delays, chorus, loop stations. I'm also interested in other effects I do not know, I'm just a bit of a noob when it comes to pedals.

I play almost exclusivly trash metal, and I'd like to get near Marty Friedman's sound. Right now, I'm mostly playing rythm.

I'm also considering a new amp, since my MG15... is a MG. I just think that for my budget, I won't be able to get a decent all-tube amp that's worth it.

No distortion pedal will make your MG15 sound good for thrash metal.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I would suggest not even spending that cash on pedals. Save it.

You'll be happy you did when the time comes rolling around that you can grab a nice tube combo or whatever may suit you best..

Always check out craigslist and such, or even Ebay. Never know what you'll find if you're lucky.

AbsentEDIT: Wow beaten to it.
Thing is, this would be a birthday gift, so I cannot go and save money up. I'm really looking forward to getting something new to play with and help me get motivated.

I had the same dilemma before and I bought the MT2. As much as the amp is crap, I can clearly hear the difference and I feel like the sound is much better with the pedal then without it.

How about loop stations? I'm starting to improvise and all and it'd be helpful to have backing tracks.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
Thing is, this would be a birthday gift, so I cannot go and save money up. I'm really looking forward to getting something new to play with and help me get motivated.

I had the same dilemma before and I bought the MT2. As much as the amp is crap, I can clearly hear the difference and I feel like the sound is much better with the pedal then without it.

How about loop stations? I'm starting to improvise and all and it'd be helpful to have backing tracks.

Ah, gifts are different...

Tell your parents to save up?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The cheap Boss looper is a solid pedal. I'd really only recommend something like that if you can't afford an amp right now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Spike6sic6

Well that does change the situation, but it's still not going to be the improvement you really want. Idk man, get what you want..
As much as I'd love a new amp, thing is I wanted my next amp to be pretty decent(500$~), so I feel like buying one for 200$ would be a waste.

Unless of course you have suggestions for that budget.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Loop station would actually be a good idea, I'd either do that, or some kind of modulation effect (chorus, trem, ect.).
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by Spike6sic6
As much as I'd love a new amp, thing is I wanted my next amp to be pretty decent(500$~), so I feel like buying one for 200$ would be a waste.

Unless of course you have suggestions for that budget.

Nah, not for metal. Unless you can find a used JCA20 for that price and you sell your MT2 and MG for a cheap 1X12 cab. The loop station is probably your best bet.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
The cheap Boss looper is a solid pedal. I'd really only recommend something like that if you can't afford an amp right now.

the good thing about a looper is that even though your amp is nothing great now, the looper will still be good when you get a better amp.

so my advice, whatever you get, get something worthy enough for your next setup so it is not a comlete waste.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the good thing about a looper is that even though your amp is nothing great now, the looper will still be good when you get a better amp.

so my advice, whatever you get, get something worthy enough for your next setup so it is not a comlete waste.

+1

This is why I'd rather not recommend any dirt pedals. The chorus, delay, etc. would carry over to a new amp but you have no use whatsoever for them right now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Spike6sic6

Loop stations can be fun, but they're quite expensive and few guitarists really make the most out of them. If you'd like to improvise to some simple backing tracks I'd definitely check out the Boss DD7 as it can do a lot more than just that and give you taste of what a looper is like. If you find out you could get a lot of use out of one you could then splash out on a dedicated looper.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join