this may be a bit of an odd one, but here goes nothing.

i ran my MI Blues Pro that i was using to boost the slightly dirty tiny terror channel, to the moderately overdriven fat channel, and was awe struck by the tone that came out. it was near brootal levels, but i think it can get better.

so what is a pedal that would make the orange even more of a brutal rig?

does anybody else get death metal tone out of an orange?

i already liked it enough to where i am considering selling my main metal rig and going with the dual terror mic'd, so lets see how great it can get.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Tubescreamer seems to be the industry standard for amp boosting.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Jim Root of Stone Sour and Slipknot uses a maxon OD808 to boost his Orange Rockerverbs, im guessing that if you do that with your dual terror you will get that heavy brutal sound you are looking for. I have also done this with the tiny terror and it was pretty sick.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
Jim Root of Stone Sour and Slipknot uses a maxon OD808 to boost his Orange Rockerverbs, im guessing that if you do that with your dual terror you will get that heavy brutal sound you are looking for. I have also done this with the tiny terror and it was pretty sick.

i haven't tried my tubescreamer into it yet. i have a bbe green screamer, i will try that. the blues pro, is similar to the whole tubescreamer thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
were you using any gain on the MI? I find with my STL that dialing in extra Gain from the pedal in addition to having the Level maxed really adds saturation and extra punch, as opposed to having the gain at 0.
Quote by Tedward
were you using any gain on the MI? I find with my STL that dialing in extra Gain from the pedal in addition to having the Level maxed really adds saturation and extra punch, as opposed to having the gain at 0.

i have the volume at noon, the tone a little bit on the dark side, and the gain at 1 o'clock. i only have the gain on the amp at like 1 o'clock.

if i tweak either the pedal's gain or the amp's gain, it just gets fuzzier, and not much heavier, so i was thinking a different pedal may be in order.

how would you describe the tone you get out of your orange based on what you just typed?

by the way, what is STL short for?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I bought a MXR Classic overdrive from GC. Definitely the best impulse buy ive ever done. It easily boost my clean channel over the ultra gain channel. Plus its extremely transparent. and tightens up your playing.
Quote by nickdohle
I bought a MXR Classic overdrive from GC. Definitely the best impulse buy ive ever done. It easily boost my clean channel over the ultra gain channel. Plus its extremely transparent. and tightens up your playing.

is that the one they sell for $30?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
is that the one they sell for $30?

Yup! Its a great price, for a good pedal
Your green screamer should do the job fine, turn the gain control all the way down and adjust the volume to suit.
Alternatively a nice EQ pedal is more versatile because a TS only has a treble cut, not a full EQ. The MXR 10 is a good choice.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have the volume at noon, the tone a little bit on the dark side, and the gain at 1 o'clock. i only have the gain on the amp at like 1 o'clock.

if i tweak either the pedal's gain or the amp's gain, it just gets fuzzier, and not much heavier, so i was thinking a different pedal may be in order.

how would you describe the tone you get out of your orange based on what you just typed?

by the way, what is STL short for?

sorry I guess I wasn't very helpful, I don't actually use an Orange

I play through an '85 Ibanez Super Tube L-series (STL), into an '87 Peavey VTM60.

The boost boosts it I guess, but dialing in some gain (it's a lowgain pedal) it adds a really nice sounding saturation (too much gain for most people I guess some would call it muddy) and gives it plenty of power for the chug.
I use an OCD with my dual terror, but honestly it gets pretty freakin' brutal on its own. The OCD barely colors the tone at all, and with a hint of gain you're in heavy metal heaven (or hell?).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Cathbard
Your green screamer should do the job fine, turn the gain control all the way down and adjust the volume to suit.
Alternatively a nice EQ pedal is more versatile because a TS only has a treble cut, not a full EQ. The MXR 10 is a good choice.

i have an MXR 10 band, that i use on a different rig, so i will try that. i am assuming you would put that after the boost, right?

i will give the green screamer a shot as well as the OCD and the 10 band.

do you think a sonic maxamizer would be of use too?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!