hey guys, me again, back for another round of crits

this time it's a collaboration between L2112Lif and myself of the song "Plush" originally recorded by Stone Temple Pilots a while back. i'm on all guitars and L2112Lif is the man on vocals. drums are EZDrummer, bass is from GP5.

i also experimented with compression and other such mixing/mastering gadgets. criticism on the music as well as the mix is welcome and encouraged. tell me what you guys think! C4C as always.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gnomieowns/music/play864681
very very very good job overall. your guitar and vocals were solid, and I don't know what you used for drums but they were good too. it might have been my laptop speakers, but I would have liked more bass in the mix, I hardly heard any at all. All his notes your for the most part on pitch, sometimes he got a bit nasally but it's no big deal really. 5 stars!
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Jul 13, 2010,
I was bobbing my head the whole way through, well done. You have a good voice but the timing was slightly off in places. and i couldn't see much wrong with the rythem guitar work, although i will say they were a bit trebley for my taste and need a lot more bass . I enjoyed listening to the recording though. Thanks for the comment and again, Well done.
glad you guys like it! thanks for the constructive crits.

calebrocker, do you mean you would like to hear more bass guitar or just bass in general?
Thanks for liking the voice, its difficult to pull off sometimes. Its lower down in my range, which might make some of the lower stuff sound a bit pushed... My range is a bit closer to Chris Cornell if we're going with grunge guys, with a bit of the bass lopped off. Exciting comp, expect more!
Hey man. Very nice.
You voice is awsome, i would love to hear you do some soundgarden stuff.
The voice is definitely hard to pull off, but i think you did a pretty good job. Like others already said, i thought the guitar tone was a tad bit too trebly, but overall, you did a solid job. awesome :]
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
very good, loved it, reminded some 70's blues, awesome voice.

BTW, thanks for the crit on mine (strange) cover of Boys Don't Cry
Quote by gnomieowns
glad you guys like it! thanks for the constructive crits.

calebrocker, do you mean you would like to hear more bass guitar or just bass in general?

both. more bass would give it a fuller sound and bass guitar should be pretty high in the mix.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by wakana
Good job man. I use EZDrummer to. Its so EZ! Haha. Were you just using the stock kit?

Your guitar tone is amazing btw.

yeah thanks man! yeah i was just using the stock kit there with the room mic up pretty high.

Quote by calebrocker
both. more bass would give it a fuller sound and bass guitar should be pretty high in the mix.

alright cool. still fiddling with it and trying to eliminate clipping and whatnot. thanks for the input.