So, I am planning on getting some new strings for my bass. Should i get thicker strings so that i can play low tunings and would i be able to still play in standard tuning ok. Also, will i have to change anything on my nut and bridge. I would assume but i am a noob so

And I was also needing a bigger amp to play live. I have an Acoustic b20 practice amp and while i don't mind the tone (now i don't really know a good tone as i haven't tried many other bass amps) it gets extremely muddy very quickly. I don't have much cash so i was thinking of buying this

I know it is a bit much for small gigs (which i would be playing) but i don't want to be under powered for bigger venues. And, i haven't seen anyone using acoustics, other than john paul jones, yet they seem prety popular around her so how good are they?
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
Whenever I read someone post that they don't have a lot of money I would always go "ah...". Bass is not a cheap hobby, and you should never compromise. If you're not in a hurry, either save up or go used. I'm not saying Acoustic isn't a good brand, but you shouldn't go "this is good for now," and later spent more to upgrade.
Quote by Skeletomania
Whenever I read someone post that they don't have a lot of money I would always go "ah...". Bass is not a cheap hobby, and you should never compromise. If you're not in a hurry, either save up or go used. I'm not saying Acoustic isn't a good brand, but you shouldn't go "this is good for now," and later spent more to upgrade.

I agree, but i won't have the cash to buy something nice for a long time. I also need it if my band wants to gig anytime soon haha. So, i kinda need something reasonably priced but also something i would be happy with. Can you recommend some good amps (can be stacks or combos)
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
I have this amp...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120535639061&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXS%3F&GUID=acb7cb441290a0645e967d86ff19f460&itemid=120535639061&ff4=263602_263622 its awesome imo and cheaper than what your looking at.

Acoustics are alright, not the biggest fan of them.

Also amps just because they are bigger does not mean they are better
Last edited by bassplayer4444 at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
And, i haven't seen anyone using acoustics, other than john paul jones, yet they seem prety popular around her so how good are they?

JPJ played through an Acoustic back when it was an almost entirely different company. Nowadays its a Guitar Center brand of decent, budget amplifiers.

The B200 is a good enough amp, it doesn't cost much, and it'll get you through gigs with a full band. There isn't anything particularly great to say about Acoustic amps, but there isn't anything negative to say either. They're mediocre, but you get a lot of power for the price you pay.

All in all, I'd say its a good bet for your next amp (unless you're willing to look at used amps), its hard to beat their prices for a decent rig of that size unless you're buying previously owned gear.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
The Acoustics that JPJ played through were a completely different beast. The only thing GC took with them when they bought them out is the name.

Acoustics are OK amps. Very transparent and reliable. However, don't dismissed used, since you can get some sweet deals on used equipment. Honestly, if I was looking for a good amp to price ratio on transparent amps, I'd look at Carvin.