Hey, i got my first job not too long ago, and i got my first paycheck last thursday and i've decided i'm going to donate it, I don't know exactly where to donate it. I was going to donate to Jack Johnsons charity but when i clicked it i had to be at a concert. Any suggestions? If it helps to know i live in Canada as well, and please no churches or religions.
Y'know what I like to do?
Rather than giving to a large charitable organisation, I like to go and find a smaller local case, for instance if someone is raising money to send a terminally ill child on a holiday or raising money to buy a desperately needed piece of equipment for a local childrens ward or whatever.
That way, you can actualy 'see' your money make a difference once the required money is raised. You get a better sense of satisfaction from it.
Do your research before you give them the cash. It's an investment like any other, you don't wanna see it pissed away in administrative costs or something. Maybe a local homeless shelter or something could use it, or like SlackerBabbath said.
Give it to whatever organisation that you trust will do good things with their money.
TS you're a good guy for doing it.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I would invest it in some local charity, buy some food for homeless or something.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Go to an incredibly poor neighborhood, find a rundown house with traces of kids toys, knock on the door, give whoever opens the door your paycheck. Hopefully it will be a mother or father in desperate need of funds. Seriously, the look on their faces when you give them a little glimmer of hope makes it worth every single god-damned penny.

Its the best feeling in the world knowing you've made somebodys life better.
you can give it to the fudger needs more drugs charity inc.
PM for more info :P

but seriously i would go local. for the obvious reasons. you may actually see the help that your money did and it would actually be put to better use with a smaller charity. like its been said.
Quote by catursly
Go to an incredibly poor neighborhood, find a rundown house with traces of kids toys, knock on the door, give whoever opens the door your paycheck. Hopefully it will be a mother or father in desperate need of funds. Seriously, the look on their faces when you give them a little glimmer of hope makes it worth every single god-damned penny.

Its the best feeling in the world knowing you've made somebodys life better.

While I applaude your sentiment and agree with your conclusion, just knocking on a random door of a poor family and handing over the money probably isn't a good idea because you don't know why that family is poor.
Let's say the the parents are drug addicts or alcoholics for instance, the money you give them will probably be spent on getting wasted. While wasted, they may either neglect their children or even abuse them in some way, and your money would be partialy responsible for that in an enabeling sense.

As captaincrunk said, do your research before you give them the cash, ask around, see if anyone knows a really deserving cause, say a single parent who has found themselves in a bad position through no fault of their own, or similar.

Also, it's better to anonymously drop the money through the door in an envelop with an explanitary note. People's pride can sometimes cause them to refuse much needed help.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 12, 2010,