Here's a "noob" question, as you Americans say: can I run some rack gear - say a multi-fx processor - through the clean channel of my Marshall 8080 without incurring noise or a lose of clarity? Thanks.
Probably man. It just wont sound as good/warm as on tubes, and if the clean sound isnt truly clean the two sounds (clean and fx) might not blend. What i mean is, when i used a DS-1 with my Spider IV, you could hear the 2 different sounds, the clean sound and the distorted sound, they didnt blend. You'll have to try it out and see if you like it
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
yeah you can run it through the clean channel. it would sound even better if you ran it in the effects loop too. I'm not sure if your marshall has an effects loop, but if it does you can just use the marshall as a power amp for your rack gear (i.e. bypassing the marshall's preamp altogether and getting your drive sound from your rack gear), just plug your rack setup into the effects loop return jack.
Sweet. Thanks. Yes, it has a send/return input - which is an effects loop, right?

Quote by eyebanez333
yeah you can run it through the clean channel. it would sound even better if you ran it in the effects loop too. I'm not sure if your marshall has an effects loop, but if it does you can just use the marshall as a power amp for your rack gear (i.e. bypassing the marshall's preamp altogether and getting your drive sound from your rack gear), just plug your rack setup into the effects loop return jack.
Yeah, try it in the effects return. It will bypass all that awful VS preamp circuitry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Great, thanks. Yes, the 8080 is fine when running pedals through it, but beyond that - it's clean and "dirty" channels are a chunk of junk.

Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, try it in the effects return. It will bypass all that awful VS preamp circuitry.