Page 1 of 4
Just thought I would warn you guys. I bought a guitar off ebay from a "store seller" who used only stock pictures. For the price I thought I was getting a great deal.

Only £220 for a real Tom Delonge sig Strat. You know the one with just one pickup? The awesome SD Invader with just one volume knob?

Well I paid my money and the guitar arrived today. I think you can all see why I am not too impressed. So I am posting this thread as a warning never to buy anything off ebay that only uses stock pictures.

So nice case so far so good.

Right headstock, dont remember it having giold hardware though... Oh dear.

Shit it wasnt meant to be surf green. Bollocks. I hope that it at least has the right hardware...

Whey one picku.... Oh that isnt an invader. This isnt right at all.

At least it has a hardtail bridge right? They cant get that wrong...

Oh for **** sake! It musst be a fake I havent never heard of Floyd Rose. Bloody thing wont even lift up and I pulled it really hard to make sure.

The rest of the guitar doesnt even look right,

I mean what the **** is a Charvel? I paid for a made in the backwoods of china Sig Strat, not this MIA Charvel for godsake.

Well at least it plays like a dream and the neck feels better than anything I have ever played before, the oiled maple feels great and the huge frets are a joy to play on. The pickup is more versitile than I thought, with great feedback from the one control allowing an almost constant evolvment in the tone going from 0 - 10.

The trem, an original floyd feels great and the other hardware feels pretty sturdy too. The body is actually from a MIJ Series 3, from the early 80s and the neck is a musikcraft MIA replacement based on the original run of charvels, it feels amazing and the gradual change in profile is also very comfortable and fairly reminisant of the strat necks I guess they were first based on.

the sound i very raw and ideal for the 80 metal sound I am playing with now, though the SD Super Distortion is fairly capable of the heavier chug chug chug squeal stuff, I have the explorer with EMGs for that anyway.

This is an amazing guitar and to think I only paid £420, I know its not in its original colour and the nitro finish is cracking, but for the spec, originial floyd, musikcraft neck, SD SD, you are looking at alot more in parts alone and the guy who put it together really knew what he was doing, it plays better than any guitar I have had for a long time, only just beaten by my incredible S that i will forever regret selling.

I am a bit disapointed it wasnt the TD Sig that I really wanted...but oh well. Just be warned, there are bad men on ebay

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 29, 2011,
Charvel's quite a well known brand from the 80's. And it looks like you got pwned, Ebay's full of cons, and a guitar that he was offering the price was easily too good to be true. But at least he gave you a decent product, I mean you say your enjoying it so take it as a partial victory.
Last edited by Engel22 at Jul 12, 2010,
I kinda like it... sorry.

But yeah, never trust the stock photos. I wanna see a picture of it in IRL, or i'm not interested.
You're a sick sick man :P

HNGD though...and rather a beauty it is too
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
not sure if serious?

if so damn.
if not, HNGD!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Nice guitar!
Charvel are pretty good quality.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
my mind, it is full of f*ck
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
You got me there for a second

Nice guitar
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Well if it still plays well..

Would you mind telling us what store sold it to you? I bet it wasnt Music Farm, Musicians Friends or those giants of Ebay right?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Two things, first report the seller, then, assuming you used PayPal, file a claim for fraud.
HNGD....

Troll

ohh andddd....

.... its "eBay" not "Ebay"
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Jul 13, 2010,
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by Engel22
Charvel's quite a well known brand from the 80's. And it looks like you got pwned, Ebay's full of cons, and a guitar that he was offering the price was easily too good to be true. But at least he gave you a decent product, I mean you say your enjoying it so take it as a partial victory.

Quote by ParasiticTwins
I kinda like it... sorry.

But yeah, never trust the stock photos. I wanna see a picture of it in IRL, or i'm not interested.

Quote by imnouser
never heard of floyd rose OR charvel?

ur joking rite?

Quote by haceteunosmates
Well if it still plays well..

Would you mind telling us what store sold it to you? I bet it wasnt Music Farm, Musicians Friends or those giants of Ebay right?

Quote by Nightgaunt
Two things, first report the seller, then, assuming you used PayPal, file a claim for fraud.

HNGD
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Oh very well played.

Speaking of, what's the neck like? I've always been tempted by Charvels but never been able to get my hands on one to give the neck a good feel.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
that's some good trolling.

Sweet guitar
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wait. WTF. Im so confused.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Had me going until the Charvel picture - if it weren't for that I'd have been taken in all the way.

HNGD you sly dog.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Nicely done. I would quite happily fight you for that guitar.
Pick a time and place good sir.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Oh now I get it. I was like "this guy doesnt deserve a stick with strings..".

I feel used.

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Quote by SilverRock113
Charvel is way better than that china sig strat

He was kidding. Didn't you read the front posts at all?

Looks beautiful, let's get some clips!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Page 1 of 4