so after watching a cover of the song forsaken, by as i lay dying, not dream theater, i realized that the chorus lead actually had some tapping in it, so... i decided to learn that part again, but do it with tapping... but first... i gotta know... what exactly is the purpose of tapping? i can play that part of the song forsaken without tapping, so what is it for? thanks in advance for the replies... wish me luck in learning tapping
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

Last edited by shadowz_fall at Jul 12, 2010,
the perpose of tapping is to sound kickass, example: i was doing it at school once everyone was like woah your awesome that sounds so cool
Quote by valennic
They'll rape you in 6 different directions till sunday...and then eat you.

Yep there's something awesome looking as your fingers dance around the fretboard like stick figures on crack.

You can get all the ladies thinking "wow, if he can do that on the guitar, imagine...."
so tapping's just for show? i thought it was a fundamental skill

@Ghefly
lol
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

More or less getting the higher notes that are unreachable with your fretting hand. Lol imagine

e------19p8p5-----
actually its just another way of playing...

if you pick everything it will sound differently...

and you can play other intervals more easily
and it is a fundamental skill . there's a lot of benefits in learning tapping , you can associate it with almost anything you're doing on the guitar (sweep arpeggios, scales, riffs) and turn a simple common thing into something new and freshy

tapping is awesome
Learn the intro of Roses For The Dead by Funeral For A Friend, thats a good exercise in tapping. It's just a different style of playing, and as mentioned before it allows you to hit notes much too far away for one hand to reach
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
It sounds different when you tap things like 7h10h12. You could pick it, but by tapping it it sounds more fluent, more like a "wall of notes" instread of a "stream of notes".
Yeah
The purpose of tappping is to allow you to make use of intervals along a single string that you can't reach using your left hand alone. It's particularly effective if you want to make use of keyboard triad voicings
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Tapping is also used to get notes you cant reach with your fretting hand , like metallicas one solo goes 12h15t19 back and forth , wich would be very streaching for your fretting hand