Hi guys,

so here's the deal..

i sold my amp yesterday at a discounted price so i could buy this mesa boogie i'd seen advertised locally....

The idea was i'd go collect it today as it was about hour and a half away from me, but the guy just emailed me his postcode and its actually about 6 hours away from me?!

It is at an absoloute amazing price, its a mesa boogie nomad 100.... from the pics it looks 10/10 condition, new valves, it's been flightcased for the majority of it's life...

Do i..

- not buy it because it's such a long way away and i don't have a car at the moment so i was relying on lifts.

- do i get it posted? i'd just worry it would get damaged en route? & i obviously cannot test it then?

Thanks for any responses...
Bum a lift off a mate.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Post it.

If it's an amazing price, then you shouldn't have any problem selling it if you don't like it

Also there have been many horror stories, but I've ordered many times from overseas and the shipping was good. By good, I mean it got to my door, cardboard wasn't broken, strings and tubes weren't broken, etc.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
i had got a lift off a mate on the idea it was just a 2 hr job, not 6!
Well the amp is less than £300, its the best price ive seen one...
any ideas how much a really good courier would be? as in they would actually care about it..
I shipped UPS, and apparently they're pretty bad, although I PERSONALLY have had no bad experiences.

Go for the most expensive post, that might be the best situation.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Quote by daverichards
i had got a lift off a mate on the idea it was just a 2 hr job, not 6!
Well the amp is less than £300, its the best price ive seen one...
any ideas how much a really good courier would be? as in they would actually care about it..

Since you said £ I'll assume your in the UK. Try Interlink Direct, used them many times for amps n stuff and never had a problem with them
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

i'm in the uk too mate,
he's mentioned posting it before so ill see how much he wants to post..

i'd just hate to get it and its a piece of...
Interparcel are great
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i'd love a roadtrip dude but its not gonna happen, having tight mates isn't a good trait, if my car wasnt broken i'd be on route as we speak,

so this interparcel any ideas on prices, not sure how much it weighs but im guessing alottttttttttttttt
http://www.interparcel.com/quote/
Well that's the quote feature but if you don't know how much it weighs then I can't really help you. I have found Interparcel to be cheaper than other couriers I have used though (UPS, DHL, Parcelforce). IIRC, when you send something through them City-Link normally do it but it's cheaper than doing it directly to City-Link
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
hire a astra van or citroen berlingo or similar providing you`ve got a license and go get it if your that concerned about couriers, but i`ve never had any problems with fedex albeit they are probably the most expensive and stay away from TNT or your amp will be handed to you in a tesco carrier bag in a billion pieces.

if hiring a small van get their are several companies that now offer 1 day insurance as most hire companies require you to have your own insurance on top of the cover they provide