Hi again!

I was thinking about buying a Vintage V100GT Les Paul soon. Looks really nice. Does anybody have any past experiences with this guitar? If so, what's the action like? How do the pick-ups sound? What about the tone? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Link is below if you would like to take a look.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14139-vintage-v100-les-paul-style-gold-top.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
I love mine. For the price the pickups are fine but I wanted to upgrade them to a pair of Seymour Duncans, The only problem was when I discovered that the pots used were some cheap mini pots. It meant that they wouldn't take the load of the new pickups and had to be replaced. Then I have to replace the pots which was a problem as the holes in the guitar aren't big enough for the new pots.

At the end of the day they are a great copy of a Les paul and I'd have it over an epiphone anyday.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Thank you! Sounds brilliant. Will find the nearest music store and go and try one out. Thanks again!
Last edited by CharlieSlyster at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by mikey_360
but I wanted to upgrade them to a pair of Seymour Duncans, The only problem was when I discovered that the pots used were some cheap mini pots. It meant that they wouldn't take the load of the new pickups and had to be replaced.

I've never even heard of pots not being able to take the load of new pickups, let alone witnessed it. I've changed pickups in Vintage guitars for a few of my friends and the stock pots were fine, even though they were indeed mini-pots.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

I've never even heard of pots not being able to take the load of new pickups, let alone witnessed it. I've changed pickups in Vintage guitars for a few of my friends and the stock pots were fine, even though they were indeed mini-pots.

All I know is that soon after the pickups were changed the volume pots went (the pots I hadn't changed). I then replaced the pots and it worked. So some how the pots blew..?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
I picked up a V100 Lemon Drop last week, for the money it's superb. The action came super-low out of the box. Unfortunately it turned up at my door with a loose wire that I had to resolder.

These Vintage guitars really seem to be gaining a lot of popularity! Better snap em up before the price goes up
Quote by mikey_360
All I know is that soon after the pickups were changed the volume pots went (the pots I hadn't changed). I then replaced the pots and it worked. So some how the pots blew..?
Pots don't ''blow'' like that. They can be worn out, they can plain break, you can burn them out when soldering anything to them or they could be fried by a power surge coming from the mains or whatever (dodgy grounding and hitting a mic stand comes to mind), but pickups themselves generate such a low current it couldn't possibly blow the potentiometers. Even active pickups don't carry enough current to damage a pot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have the V100 in honeyburst.

Great guitar, especially for the money. Definitely punches WAY above it's price in my opinion.

If you buy it straight from a store, unopened, you will likely require a bit of setting up, but it's definitely worth it!
I owned one of these, i must have got a Lemon,
The fret levelling was horrible
It didn't stay in tune at all.
The pickups were horribly microphonic too.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H