Hi,

I just plugged my guitar in my amp and started playing. I switched from clean to metal, I have a Line 6 Spider III.
But now I don't get any sound out of my guitar. The cables aren't the problem because I still hear some kind of buzz noise when I hold my finger against it.

I hope someone can help me or maybe I should go and ask help at the guitar store.

Grtz,

KippenZ
1. Try your guitar in another amp.
2. Check your pickups - change your selector switch, make sure you don't have sound in any position. Also you can tap a key on the pickup and see if you hear a corresponding tap through the amp.
3. Your input jack could be bad - remove the cover on the back of the guitar and see if you can see any problems with the soldered connections to the input jack. UNPLUG THE GUITAR FROM THE AMP BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

G/L! What kind of guitar?
sounds silly but make sure volumes r up on guitar, happened to me before (curtousy of bud light lol)
this happened to me once and it turns out that my volume nob was all the way down. maybe this is the problem but i doubt it.
Quote by KippenZ
I have a Cort G250 and it wasn't volume nob, i am not that stupid xD

you never know..
If you have any effects..
make sure the cables are not the wrong way round.
Check different guitars.
Does it work on the CLEAN channel?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
the problem is you have a line 6 spider 3
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Well, it doesn't work on clean channel and it's my only guitar. I'm sure the problem is in the guitar and not the amp.
Quote by LoudLove5150
Turn the volume up -.-

It isn't the ****in' volume!
Quote by KippenZ

In my previous experience, we have to cover all the bases, no matter how seemingly insipid they may be
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by KippenZ

hey hey,chill out ok?

do you hear any sound through the clean channel?do you have any effects pedals running infront of the the amp?

mostly it has a got to be a volume knob somewhere which has been turned down, crank
everything up to max and see..If not there might be a problem with your amp
I didn't have much good new information but I'm almost certain it is the guitar but because I have just one guitar I couldn't tell if the amp is the problem but i am almost certain the guitar is the problem so i'm going to take my guitar to the guitar store tomorrow and ask them what the problem must be and I hope they can fix it.
Last edited by KippenZ at Jul 12, 2010,

check that both wires are still connected to the jack.

then swap cable see if that's it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Both wires are attached but the plate is very loose maybe that is the problem
Open up the back and make sure that every wire is attached to something. This happened to me at a 3 day band practice, couldn't solder it so I just stuck the extra wire under where it should have been and prayed.

If anything's loose just resolder it where you think it came off.
Quote by jj1565

check that both wires are still connected to the jack.

then swap cable see if that's it.

The nut wich holds the plate is loose and I can't turn it tight so the cable couldn't get far enough in the jack so it hasn't got enough signal i think.
When i turn the volume all up at my amp and strum i hear softly some noise from my guitar but the volume is all up so i think nut has to be tightend
yeah because the nut is loose, you spun the jack to tighten it, and may have loosened a wire.

if the cable does not fit into the jack correctly, you can check that too. open it and insert jack. see if it's fitting.

if not the arm might need careful adjustment.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 12, 2010,
maybe your guitar just realized it was playing through a spider and committed suicide.
Quote by JDbbx

If anything's loose just resolder it where you think it came off.

That's the spirit!
Quote by makaveli864
maybe your guitar just realized it was playing through a spider and committed suicide.

Maybe your amp just feels bad for being what it is, and is refusing to work now.

In any case, I had this problem with my Royal 8, just wouldn't work for some reason for a few days. Then one day it worked again. I still don't know what was wrong with it. Maybe try again tomorrow? The mystical gnomes might fix everything overnight.

Or you can resolder your connections.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X