Is Pro Tools essential really a valid option for recording? I just don't want it to be too watered down from the original. Because I plan to record by myself I really need some sort of pitch shifter and a drum machine on the software. Are there other options or is Pro Tools Essential all right for the job?
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
It's a heavily crippled version of Pro Tools,

unless you are dead-set on using PT you should consider something like Reaper, ( www.reaper.fm )
much more affordable and there is a wealth of freeware VST plugins available on the net that can handle your pitch-shifting and drum machine needs.
Well, PT comes with a pitch shifter right out of the box. If you've got money for a drum machine, it will work.

Though as its been said, its really crippled. If you're set on Pro Tools (which its well worth the money), invest in the M-Powered edition (assuming you've got a M-Audio interface). Out of the box, you've got enough to play with and make a good sounding recording.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by MightyOwned
I have also heard of the Toolkit 2 Expansion that makes LE and M-Powered better, though I can not say for myself.

All I know however is that the expansion increases the 32 track count to 64.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGDMPTOOLKIT2

The MPTK2 is probably one of the best investments of $400 you can make with Pro Tools. Yes, you get extra tracks but you also get Eleven (which is a separate $400 program on its own), TL Space which I hear is one of the best reverbs out there and Hybrid which is an amazing synth.

If you hang around the Digidesign forums, there are people who sell the bundles way under cost. I've seen that bundle as low as $250 with the iLok transfer.
Thanks for the tips guys, one thing though I forgot to mention which might change your suggestions quite a bit... I have no audio interface, so I was hoping to get Fast Track II which comes with PT Essential. That's good the the Pitch Shifter comes with it, How about the drum machine?
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
I don't believe PTE comes with BFD Lite like M-Powered and LE come with.