I'm basically looking for quite a low action guitar, preferably with a cut out, not necessary though. I currently have a Tanglewood and i find the action is way too high to do any tapping or anything like that.
Any suggestions?
thanks
The best guitar professors at my college Use Yamaha-C40 guitars. They are a very solid low end guitar that sounds like a middle range one that would be worth about $300-$500. Here's how it sounds, they are performing @ SDSU. I love mine but you may not like the sound of it to much if your not looking for classical. Btw This guitar is only about $120-150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBuK4QxSYGc&feature=related

If you are looking for a Acoustic steel string I have a friend who owns this one and has had it a while now, it sounds as good as some $300-$500 Acoustic's I have herd. Might be worth checking out. From what Iv herd you will be hard pressed to find a better sounding guitar for less than $500 but...sound is all a matter of opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-FG700S-Acoustic-Guitar/dp/B000FIZISQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1278944653&sr=8-16
Last edited by alazar14 at Jul 12, 2010,
Thanks a lot, i will definitely look into the Yamaha more, sounds real good.
You need to go to a decent guitar shop and try everything in your price range. They can adjust the action lower for you if needed.
Quote by redgend
I'm basically looking for quite a low action guitar, preferably with a cut out, not necessary though. I currently have a Tanglewood and i find the action is way too high to do any tapping or anything like that.
Any suggestions?
thanks

You want a new guitar because your action is too high?

Get the action lowered and the frets levelled and dressed. That will cost you about £80.

Then see if you still need a new guitar.

What Tanglewood is it?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
i think its a 'Tanglewood Evolution TSF CE'
would doing what you said allow me to tap? cause Ive seen the likes of Mike Einziger tap on an acoustic guitar just fine.
Crafter acoustics are around £200-£300, pretty low action. Have got a electro-acoustic Crafter with a cut out and its been doing me fine for a few years now, though admittedly I've never tried tapping on it.