Page 1 of 2
Sorry if this has been posted, I have no idea when this article even came out :/

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

The Bad News

Quote by Article
The bottom line: BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling operation may have triggered an irreversible, cascading geological Apocalypse that will culminate with the first mass extinction of life on Earth in many millions of years.

The Good News

We'll be dead by then anyway.

The Better News

It's just a doomsday theory.

Nothing to see here, move along, sir.
Cool blog bro.

But seriously, this has been posted more than a couple of times before, I'm sure if you searchbar'd a few threads would have come up.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss

what?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Cool story, Nostradamus.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Why post a thread if theres nothing to see here?

It's a doomsday article.
Sure, it's an interesting read.
But it's probably all bullshit.

Quote by CullenT
But seriously, this has been posted more than a couple of times before, I'm sure if you searchbar'd a few threads would have come up.

Searching with the words 'end of the world' 'oil spill' 'BP', etc, showed nothing, surpisingly :/
Last edited by tyler_j at Jul 12, 2010,
Cool. Like you said I'll be dead by then so I'll stop giving a ****. I do like the idea of the entire BP board of executives being burned, hanged, and decapitated though.

Seriously, how bad can we **** up.
TBH, we're pretty much overdue for a good, old-fashioned extinction event, anyway.
We'll find some way to survive it. Or at least, whatever weird tentacled 100-eyed thing we've evolved into will.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by MightyAl
TBH, we're pretty much overdue for a good, old-fashioned extinction event, anyway.

It'll be refreshing. Nothing gets the blood flowing like everything dying.
Quote by mental_zer0
Deepwater Horizon is a really good name for an apocalyptic event.

i give it a matter of hours to be trademarked by Warner Bros
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
i give it a matter of hours to be trademarked by Warner Bros

"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by tyler_j
Sorry if this has been posted, I have no idea when this article even came out :/

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

The Bad News

The Good News

We'll be dead by then anyway.

The Better News

It's just a doomsday theory.

Nothing to see here, move along, sir.

"Most experts in the know, however, agree that if the world-changing event does occur it will happen suddenly and within the next 6 months."

But yeah, sounds like a laugh.
Quote by whalepudding
We'll find some way to survive it. Or at least, whatever weird tentacled 100-eyed thing we've evolved into will.

Hai guise. What I miss?
Shit it's Ktulu.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I was hoping for this to be from The Observer or something similar

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Why are people saying we'll be dead by then anyway?
"Most experts in the know, however, agree that if the world-changing event does occur it will happen suddenly and within the next 6 months."
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
This article sponsored by Barack Obama.

As long as the apocalypse is centred around that whole America land mass, it's all right.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
You know, on the 22nd of December 2012, I'm going to be rather smugly telling everybody 'I told you so'.

Seriously, everything's going to go extinct all the time, it's getting old now. Until I see a Vogon Constructor Ship above my house I really don't care.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Mathamology
It was an interesting article until it started reading like a conspiracy theory.

It was an interesting article, until I realised no reputable news service seems to have reported this perpetually on their news station yet.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
It was an interesting article, until I realized no reputable news service seems to have reported this perpetually on their news station yet.

That's because it's not perpetual news. More like something you would read in the National Examiner.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
It's all false and the author doesn't have any background in science. He used to be a financial expert.
Scientist debunks this:
http://openintelligence.amplify.com/2010/07/09/methane-bubble-induced-tsunami-highly-unlikely/
Numerous recent Internet reports and e-mails warn that an enormous methane gas bubble beneath the Gulf of Mexico seabed could generate a massive explosion, sending a deadly tsunami barreling toward the coast.
Gary Byerly, Professor of Geology at Louisiana State University, doesn’t find the claims supported by science.
“I think the rumors are very unfounded,” Byerly said. “For one thing, the methane is not really a gas at that depth, due to extreme pressure. It’s really in a gelatinous or semi-solid state, so it’s not going to accumulate into a giant gas bubble.

“It’s extremely unlikely that something like (an explosion and tsunami) could happen. I just don’t know how this bubble could form. You’re not going to have an explosion that deep underwater because there’s not enough oxygen down there.”

“I could see something like this causing a sinkhole to form,” Byerly said, “but that wouldn’t cause a tsunami to form.”

Should a tsunami somehow form in the Gulf of Mexico, geology would prevent a devastating coastal impact, Byerly added.
YNWA
Last edited by tattyreagh at Jul 12, 2010,
I am interested in seeing what long term damage this could/will cause.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by The Kush
I call the name Deepwater Horizon for a song. None of you guys can copy me.

Dammit, beaten to it.

Ah, well. Maybe another day.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Dammit, beaten to it.

Ah, well. Maybe another day.

Finders keepers.
Quote by The Kush
Finders keepers.

Man, but it's such a good name for a progressive band, or power/progressive metal song.
Quote by mental_zer0
Deepwater Horizon is a really good name for an apocalyptic event.

Band name = claimed
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SlayingDragons
Man, but it's such a good name for a progressive band, or power/progressive metal song.

I know! It has a compound word AND "horizon" in it!

Hell, I could make a concept album out of this.
Im glad i ended up not applying for BP. My friends and family would have taken the piss out of me for the oil leak, but if the end of the world happened because of it, i would never hear the end of it
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I just made this into a chain email. I sent it to everyone in my contacts and told everyone to foward it to everyone in their contacts. People need to be aware that BP might have caused the end of the world.
Quote by BeneathTheWaves
I just made this into a chain email. I sent it to everyone in my contacts and told everyone to foward it to everyone in their contacts. People need to be aware that BP might have caused the end of the world.

Please tell me you're joking.
Quote by Todd Hart
You know, on the 22nd of December 2012, I'm going to be rather smugly telling everybody 'I told you so'.

Seriously, everything's going to go extinct all the time, it's getting old now. Until I see a Vogon Constructor Ship above my house I really don't care.

So many potential events [including Yellowstone!].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by SquierLolz
Band name = claimed

Not before The Kush.

If I can't have it, you can't have it!
Secretly forms progressive metal band by the name Deepwater Horizon
Quote by SlayingDragons
Not before The Kush.

If I can't have it, you can't have it!
Secretly forms progressive metal band by the name Deepwater Horizon

I'll sing and/or play guitar or bass...

But honestly, I don't even want that as a band name, since my band and I found something cooler. (not Tempest, we're gonna change it)
Page 1 of 2