Hey Guys
You may know, i've made a few posts about POD Farm as i am having a few issues, so i would like to know, if possible, how you create your tones, what headphones/monitors you use, and what problems you have (fizz - my main problem that i want to fix).
And have you managed to fix any problems? Fizz etc.
Thanks all
Tom
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
having had PodFarm Platinum for a few years now, I've recently come to the conclusion that PodFarm is lagging behind in a serious way when compared to similar packages.

as you have mentioned Fizz specifically, i find that fizz is simply inherent to the sound of Podfarm and it's difficult to dial in a tone that doesn't suffer from serious fizz problems, as well as sounding pretty flat and lifeless.

tell us which amp model you're using and we might be able to figure something out.

EDIT: to elaborate, the best i've managed to get out of Podfarm is usually from the Cali Diamond Plate model, with the "67" mic. put a screamer in front of it, drive on 0, gain and tone up. find a decent balance with the knobs then highpass and lowpass,

then make some fairly narrow EQ notches at 400hz and 4khz at least, to tame some of the boominess and fizz respectively.

thats a fairly typical "Sturgis" type of high-gain sound.
Last edited by TheDriller at Jul 12, 2010,
It was with the Mississippi Criminal (peavey model) that i use mostly. It is just real fizzy, and i cant get a tone i like without fizz, and that noise just seems to give me headaches lol
Thanks for the advice
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by richyt93
It was with the Mississippi Criminal (peavey model) that i use mostly. It is just real fizzy, and i cant get a tone i like without fizz, and that noise just seems to give me headaches lol
Thanks for the advice

Criminal is one of the worst amps in Podfarm

as MightyOwned said, disabling that cab in podfarm and using a better cab impulse will help tremendously.
but if i do that, i cant monitor with that sound? :/
Gear:
Snark Headstock tuner!
ha if you think fuzz is a problem well my Pod Farm Plug-In doesn't even open, the Line 6 development team have tried everything and they can't find whats wrong,

To get rid of the fuzz turn the gain up to about 4/5 and use the screamer overdrive to boast the distortion, you will need to EQ your tone aswell as tweaking the amp head, and everyone will tell you to bybass the cabs which can help a lot
Been using Platinum for a while now, upgraded to 2.

I usually use the gate on it to help reduce the fizz. It really doesn't matter what amp model I use (even outside of Pod Farm. Been having the same problems with Guitar Rig, Amplitube, VSTs, ect), it always fizzes on anything that requires gain. Just one of the many flaws I've found with amp modeling software.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp