I have wanted this guitar for three years now and finally scored one last week.

When I first got my hands on one of these I couldn't believe the tone and feel of the guitar. At the time I couldn't afford the one I looked at it took me a few years to track one down I was comfortable with the price before buying. I got this used but I doubt it was ever played there was not as much as a fingerprint on the guitar.

Like the first one I tried this plays like a dream the tone is like nothing I have ever played the guitar is just awesome even thought the neck is clear coated it plays pretty fast. Great low action on this no fret buzz at all while playing. The guitar has great balance probably because the body is long compared to other guitars. It has a real shattered mirror top not a plastic fake one so because it's real glass it's not perfect but none of the shattered mirror tops I have seen to date are perfect.

I will post an update later on the guitar after I take it to a gig or two!
Noooooooooo WAY. Those things are so awesome. I know Claudio Sanchez plays a Minarik..

If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

HNGD!!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I like the shattered mirror top...but its body shape makes it pretty hideous to me..I probably wouldn't even want t play it if i saw it in a shop.
The mirror top is by far the coolest thing I've ever ****ing seen.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
are the edges of the glass sharp? how do they secure them in there smoothly?

so technically, if you hit your guitar the glass will break? i dont know how i feel about that.
HNGD! Looks sick! Don't cut yourself on the glass though. I know what glass in the finger feels like.
dude thats sick looking!! nice score! thats amazing that you would still want the same guitar 3 years later. what pickups are in it?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by diceksox1809
Noooooooooo WAY. Those things are so awesome. I know Claudio Sanchez plays a Minarik..

If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

HNGD!!

Claudio endorses them apparently but I've seen Coheed live 4-5 times and each time he's only used his explorers.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Thanks guys, It actually sounds awesome I thought the glass top would make a big difference but I have played there other models and I can't tell but I never played them both side by side. The glass is not sharp they coat it with what I am assuming a decent coat of poly. You can feel the cracks but they are very smooth. I can't wait to see the reaction it gets when I play it at a gig. This afternoon I took it to a couple guitar shops with me because I need a guitar stand for it and the usual ones won't work, I figured while I was out I would try some new pedals and a couple amps I saw advertised and I had a crowd of people around me asking me all kinds of questions about the guitar. I kind have slowed down a bit buying guitars and when this became available I couldn't pass. I think I am going to purchase another Minarik real soon. I have to say this is my first Minarik and so far I am very pleased.

OH! I paid $750.00 for it!
Quote by johnro6659
Thanks guys, It actually sounds awesome I thought the glass top would make a big difference but I have played there other models and I can't tell but I never played them both side by side. The glass is not sharp they coat it with what I am assuming a decent coat of poly. You can feel the cracks but they are very smooth. I can't wait to see the reaction it gets when I play it at a gig. This afternoon I took it to a couple guitar shops with me because I need a guitar stand for it and the usual ones won't work, I figured while I was out I would try some new pedals and a couple amps I saw advertised and I had a crowd of people around me asking me all kinds of questions about the guitar. I kind have slowed down a bit buying guitars and when this became available I couldn't pass. I think I am going to purchase another Minarik real soon. I have to say this is my first Minarik and so far I am very pleased.

OH! I paid $750.00 for it!

That was only $750? jeez i was thinking it would be in the thousands, that thing is awesome! a bit too wild of a body shape for me, but still sexy as hell, that cracked mirror is amazing
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
I guess the guy at the factory the makes them must not be superstitious! LOL
HNGD! ive been looking at miniarks for a while, they look absolutly beautiful, thats kinda why i stayed away from em, because i hadn't heard any reviews and i felt they might be like bc rich, in all looks, no tone, that and they dont exactly have the specs ive been craving
Eh.
Dude, someone broke your guitar :/

For serious, certainly a cool looking guitar. Not my cup-of-tea, but, well, I don't even drink tea. So we should all be glad the world doesn't work off what I like. Or you'd all be drinking Coke.

My point is, looks like a good guitar and if you're happy with it dude, then I am happy for you!!
Holy crap! That's an awesome guitar... and for 750?!!?!
Good score bro!
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
HOLY CRAP!

That thing is freaking sick! I have never seen a guitar like that before! Damn I want one now...
Minarik makes some very fine guitars all of them are pretty wild as far as shape goes but they are a top quality guitar. Every Minarik I have tried has sweet tone and plays great and I love the looks. For a lot of people they tend to be a bit flashy.

http://www.minarikguitars.com/

Edit 7/14/10:

I just got an Email from Marc Minarik Minarik Guitars and he told me only 90 of these were ever made and only 60 were sold in the US. He said because of the difficulty in making real glass mirror tops they have been discontinued for some time now.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 14, 2010,
Sorry no clips, Until I get software and figure out how to work it I can't post clips. It's something I have wanted to do for a while but the software I was given was too old to work on my PC.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 14, 2010,