i made a mistake of buying a Fender Frontman 212R and im tired of it.

So im gonna sell my 212r and buy either the Peavey Vypyr or Randall RG75, and i mainly play metal and rock so i did some research and they said these were meant for metal

Which one is a better amp? and which one is worth the 300 dollars?

thanks please reply
if they were really good they would be worth more than 300
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
Well the randall has transtube technology (tube + transistor for best of both world, 'Hybrid amp') And ye i've got one too, and they are pretty damn good. You'll get a nicer tone than the Vypyr but you won't get as much of a range of tones. Even though my randall + tele + gain green channel = epic hendrix-style tone. You wouldn't expect it! + Thenonwards, you can do some cool stuff with the Randall, E.G Make it all tube.

So yea randall is my choice
I have the Randall RG100 and it is absolutely awesome.

The Vypyr is a modeling amp (the best of the bunch) and the RG100 is a hybrid between solid state and tube, as it has one preamp tube.

They're very different amps, both good.

Get the Randall. You will not be disappointed. I can get great blues, classic rock and all types of metal out of it. It sounds HUGE, yet tight.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 12, 2010,
A lot of people like the Vypyr, and it has a lot of effects/models on it, but I don't really like Peavey amps as a whole(they're all either not gainy enough or fuzzmania to my experience, and some use...odd terms on them. IT'S CLEAN VOLUME, NOT RHYTHM POST. GAH.). Randalls have a rather different tone to them IMO, more punchy and great for metal rhythms, and I have a RG2 75-watt and love it to bits. Only thing is, it's only got clean and distortion, so if you want effects and don't want to dish out money on a pedal the Vypyr's probably more up your alley.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.