I have shitty ibanez that i need to get rid of it i have had it for a year and its already starting to fall apart.
so i was thinking of getting a used ESP Alexi-200 for a reasonable price and just changing the pick-ups to a EMG-81

Should i get the Alexi-200 or should i look for something else?
i have $300 i can spend on a guitar

thanks please reply
Well, the only one off the top of my head I can think is the ESP you mentioned and a Schecter Omen (but I think that's like $50 more)
Well, first off, no $300 guitar is going to be a real upgrade, and especially not an LTD from the 200 series. Think more in lines of $500, and that will also greatly increase your choices.

Second, you do know the band is called 'Dimmu Borgir' right?
Zzounds is having a sale on a shecter V1. It is the damein series flying v. I think it has emg 85's on it. Even has a liscensed floyd rose. Schecter makes great metal guitars. You can get them for under 300 too. The v1 at zzounds is 270. Buying that esp then replacing pickups might cost more in the long run.Schecter!!
Quote by aaaa7xxxx
Zzounds is having a sale on a shecter V1. It is the damein series flying v. I think it has emg 85's on it. Even has a liscensed floyd rose. Schecter makes great metal guitars. You can get them for under 300 too. The v1 at zzounds is 270. Buying that esp then replacing pickups might cost more in the long run.Schecter!!

Uh uh uh!

That one has EMG-HZ's, LFR's are not that good. Good for a nice upgrade, I'm thinking of pouncing on it, but be warned; it won't last you a good while.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON