Hi there, i just had my guitar surfaced and my guitar sounds all weird! The tuner says E but it doesnt sound right! it sounds as parts of the guitar are a octave up then what it should be. i've had this problem before, something about slacking of strings but i dont know what the guy was talking about.

anyone know what i mean? i think im going mad..action problems?
I'm not really sure what you think is wrong, here...

Is your tuner one that you can adjust? Make sure it's set to 'auto', or at least that you have no flats or sharps put in there.
if you just got it back after being set up take it back and complain, and make sure it's done properly
Quote by ShogunRonin
Hi there, i just had my guitar surfaced and my guitar sounds all weird! The tuner says E but it doesnt sound right! it sounds as parts of the guitar are a octave up then what it should be. i've had this problem before, something about slacking of strings but i dont know what the guy was talking about.

anyone know what i mean? i think im going mad..action problems?

Are you trying to describe a buzzing sound?
im used to super slinkys and i also noticed he decided to put on super light gauge strings

I tried many differant tuners...

as a example, i have official tab music i always used to play printed out. now the top 3 strings work fine..when I hit the 14th note on the D it sounds completely off...i cant describe it..its tuned correctly but it doesnt sound right...
Erm i was gonna say dial your amp back so everything is flat (ie in the middle) and start from there.

But try tunning by ear and check that its good. If not im a bit stumped, without seeing the guitar.
sorry i meant 12th..ok as a example it sounds right if i hit it openly, now the open string sound should be at the 12th fret
Quote by ShogunRonin
I tried many differant tuners...

as a example, i have official tab music i always used to play printed out. now the top 3 strings work fine..when I hit the 14th note on the D it sounds completely off...i cant describe it..its tuned correctly but it doesnt sound right...

you're supposed to tell them what gauge you want, how you like your action, any issues, and so on .

if it's one fret, one string, then you might have a high fret causing the note to go sharp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sounds like the country of intonation was taken destroyed by a bad tech
Quote by ShogunRonin
He said on the paper INTONATION and ACTION altered, when I wanted it the same.

ok well things will need to be set up again after he changes the strings. but
if you change gauge, then it'll be really hard to get the guitar to play the same.

anyway, check to see if that fret is high.

if you want help then respond to my posts, or i'll move onto someone else.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I would go back to where you had the guitar serviced and show them the problem and then ask them nicely to fix it. You have a right to expect good service.

ron666