Page 1 of 2
Here we go lads, a tasty slab of horror doom.... one of the best doom bands to come out of England in recent times. Incredible live, and sound chaps to boot. Think of a mix between Paul Chain, Electric Wizard, and Reverend Bizarre's weirder tracks 'Those Who Walk In The Land of The Shadows etc.), basically just essential music for any doom fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWMWIsDWDSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOIti3TFs08&feature=related

Get listenin'!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Its great stuff man, I actually spin Embrace.. more than Shadow.. these days.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I have Shadow of Atlantis. And it is good doom. I assume then that I should pick up their first album.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
I've been constantly hearing about these guys for ages, but for some reason, I've never actually listened to them

This is really good, I especially like the twisted atmosphere and the Candlemass-esque vocals on the second track
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

THE SHADOW OVER ATLANTIS

180gm ltd vinyl release of The Wounded kings' second album on Swedish Label 'I Hate Records'

Direct from the band:

Priced at £12.00 GBP
accept Paypal to thewoundedkings@hotmail.co.uk
cash or cheque email:thewoundedkings@hotmail.co.uk

POSTAGE RATES:

UK - £ 3.15 GBP
UK signed for recorded - £4.00
EU - Airmail - £5.00
AUS/US Rest of the world - £8.80

OR DIRECT FROM I HATE on i_hate_records@hotmail.com

Yusssssssss!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Too much talk of haircuts and transcendence on the front page, so Im gonna bump this.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
This is great. Can't wait to get my hands on their album, so I better start bugging my contacts.
One of those bands with a creepy atmosphere without having to make 6 million Lovecraft references every feckin song. Its like a Moors Murders version of Negative Plane.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I have nothing against Lovecraft references, though. True, it's a bit standard, but there are so many bands I love doing it that I just can't complain about it.
How in Bobby Liebling's name was I not informed of this?! Must... get... album!
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Alex, youd love this stuff, get on it!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
THE WOUNDED KINGS REBORN:

Sharie Neyland - Vocals
Steve Mills - Guitar
Alex Kearney - Guitar
Jim Willumsen - Bass
Mike Heath - Drums

After an enforced hiatus TWK will be entering the infamous FOEL STUDIOS (Electric Wizard, Conan, Napalm Death, Primordial, Darkest Era) this June to record our 3rd album 'In The Chapel of The Black Hand' set for release later this year and once again with I HATE RECORDS Sweden. Prepare for 5 tracks of Epic Doomed Madness!

Thanks

Best news Ive heard all day.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Haven't listened to them. Can't at the moment, will do when I get home but...

Damn, their name is awesome.
^ Wow, a completely different line-up minus the main man, eh? I see that they now have a female singer? Ugh. Minus a few glowing exceptions, I wish women would stay out of my metal. Highly, highly, looking forward to the new one still.
http://www.reverbnation.com/thewoundedkings

New track up...sounds deadly. New vocalist sounds like a demonic Beth Gibbons!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Last edited by Stranglehold at Jul 17, 2011,
Why did they need a new singer?

EDIT: Forget that, the new singer is amazing.
Last edited by The_Casinator at Jul 17, 2011,
Spinning The Shadow... after 3 days of almost constant drinking, feels like my head is being pulled through a vortex of sobriety. Fuck, I love doom metal.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Penisaur my man, no women in metal? Come on, this band alone proves your statement to be wrong.

Their new album was absolutely astounding. I feel shamed for forgetting about it, actually.
I've listened to a fair few songs by these guys now and nothing has really caught me. Feels like they're missing something, somehow.
Quote by Stranglehold
Fuck, I love doom metal.
I don't think much else needs to be said.

Saint Vitus are the perfect hangover music, I find.

Quote by Penisaur
^ Wow, a completely different line-up minus the main man, eh? I see that they now have a female singer? Ugh. Minus a few glowing exceptions, I wish women would stay out of my metal. Highly, highly, looking forward to the new one still.

Perhaps this could be one of them?

Just got 'In The Chapel of the Black Hand' a few weeks ago and haven't gotten around to listening to it just yet. I think the vocals on ' The Shadow Over Atlantis' were a perfect match for the atmosphere of that album though, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to have some wench come in. I shall go into the new one with an open mind though.
Last edited by Penisaur at Dec 29, 2011,
I don't know, 98% of metal songs which utilize some form of female vocal implementation I end up thinking: "God, this would be so much better if a man were doing these vocals.' Having said this, I highly enjoy stuff like Jex Thoth and Sabbath Assembly. So, sometimes it works out for the better..
Last edited by Penisaur at Dec 29, 2011,
Yes, but the key is - Jex Thoth is a stone cold fox. (despite the hairy 'pits)
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by severed-metal
Penisaur my man, no women in metal? Come on, this band alone proves your statement to be wrong.

Their new album was absolutely astounding. I feel shamed for forgetting about it, actually.

Good to hear... Shadows was such an impressive effort, that anything less would be immediately disappointing.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by severed-metal
It makes you wonder what she smells like.

Doomsnatch.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Doomsnatch.

lol.

New record wasn't anywhere near as good as Shadows but still a worthy effort.
Quote by Stranglehold
Yes, but the key is - Jex Thoth is a stone cold fox. (despite the hairy 'pits)

Srsly? Post pics of her hairy pits NOW.
Fetish, Mr. Penis?

Woman fail.

Strangle, this is absolutely lovely. Listening to this is like walking through tar in lead diving boots, with a hangover. Will keep an eye out.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by Kepulix
Fetish, Mr. Penis?

No, I thought he was bluffing. Ugh, now every time I listen to Jex Thoth and Sabbath Assembly I'll be picturing her armpit hair.
It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't make me feel insecure about my armpit hair..

..Probably has a bigger penis too.
Page 1 of 2