My band recently recorded a demo at home and the drums turned out alright if you listen to the songs with headphones. If not you cant hear the kick drum at all. Anyway i can boost the kick drum with out bringing the cymbals or anything else up? The drums are all one track
EQ the shiet out of that track =) BTW, in the future, atleast record bassdrum and snare on separate channels if you can and always listen to a recording with different headphones and monitors
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Jul 12, 2010,
I think I read on here once that you should boost the 6khz frequencies when you equalize the drum track to bring out the kick drum.
You could raise whatever frequency the kick drum is in, but it might mess up your snare and bring in other unwanted noises...

As said above though, you should record on separate channels as it will allow you to EQ stuff separately.
Quote by ultimate-rocker
i cant record on separate tracks. At least i dont know how. How would i do that?

By getting several microphones.

Ideally you want a couple of overhead microphones (condensers) then a microphone on the kick drum (a D112) and a microphone on the snare (something like an SM57). If you use toms too, you can mic those up with some form of dynamic mic (usually an SM57 also).

There's really no limit to how many mics you can use, but what I listed above is what I'd consider to be bare minimum. You can add room mics and such as well.
well we had two mics. A sm57 and a SM58 and i put the 58 in the kick and the 57 over the middle of the set to get everything else. but it just combined the two mics into one track