Hey all. In about an hour I'll be going back to boxing after a leave of the better part of 2 years (it had gotten to the point where it was either box or get my degree). It is going to be a rough day tomorrow.

inb4 "cool blog bro"

I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in boxing, had thought about doing it themselves, wanted any info, etc.

inb4 "Search bar"

The most recent post on the subject is pretty old. And...

I'll also be trying to keep a log of my program in a blog if anyone cares to see the kind of training boxing entails.

Anyway, wish me luck, and no hand injuries (...again).
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jul 12, 2010,
lol next few days are gonna suuuuck.

You'll be so sore. It's worth it though, boxing kicks so much ass.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13

Lol, yeah. I remember years ago when I first started boxing I had to soak my legs in hot water every night for about 2 weeks just to be able to walk comfortably.
I do BJJ and kickbox.

Good luck.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Lol, yeah. I remember years ago when I first started boxing I had to soak my legs in hot water every night for about 2 weeks just to be able to walk comfortably.

It was the core stuff that got me. I was sore everywhere, but after 200+ crunches when you haven't done any at all recently...
It hurt to sit down in a comfy chair.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
i used to do a bit, when my cousin used to go, because i'm a black belt in karate and i thought it'd be helpful in my training, because i've got quite a slim, slight build, and i thought it would help to bulk up a bit more.

while i could outspeed a lot of the guys at the club, i just got sick of getting absolutely floored when i got caught out, so i just concentrated on karate, which suits me a lot better.
Quote by chaos13

No dawg... That's KICKboxing... Boxing is just fists.

But on topic. Good luck, I got back into athletics after 2years out (ripped my hamstring to shreds) and I was a wreck for the first two months... Just take it easy.
Quote by Momentosis
I do BJJ and kickbox.

Good luck.

Thanks. I used to do BJJ also (along with a mix of other stuff). I was part of an MMA club. Something I loved though was that I had so much more strength and endurance from boxing than the guys that were pure martial arts that I was able to overpower them even if they got me into a hold or lock that should have had me done for.

Some of the Muay Thai guys could work around that, but it would still be a good match up.

Eventually after my body is used to the punishment again I'll start again with another discipline in addition to boxing.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jul 12, 2010,
I boxed when I was younger. I guess I should have stayed with it coming from a boxing family. My grandpa is in the boxing hall of fame, he was a trainer.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
I've got a heavy sack (lol) that I take great pleasure in beating but yeah... I don't really know what I'm doing

I just punch it and kick it, I know nothing about technique and routines etc... I do use gloves and handwraps though haha
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
I boxed years ago when I was in the Army. Not inclined to do it again.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've been thinking about doing either a fighting or martial arts sport as well. I like the idea of working out so hard and getting ****ed up so hard that I would be sore for weeks.

Yeah, I reckon I'm kind of masochistic.

Any tips for a fighting sport or martial art?

*edit*
Quote by Kroach
I've got a heavy sack (lol) that I take great pleasure in beating

This sounds so wrong out of context
Last edited by Jehuty at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by Jehuty
Any tips for a fighting sport or martial art?

Well the first thing you need to think about is the type of martial art. Do you want something that is Striking centric (and then hands or feet or both or knees and elbows, etc.), Grappling centric, Weapon centric, etc.? Or do you want something that is all around? How much focus do you want on physical training, or on technique training? Do you want something straight forward or evasive? Acrobatic even?

Figure out all those things and I could probably give you an idea of what to look at.

Seriously though you're gonna be really sore for a couple days.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'll stick to going commando.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.