I recently came into possession of a Fender Champion 30. It's obviously had some use, but audibly there are no complaints. Anyway, there is a 'buzz' coming from the amp when I play the 7th, 8th, or 9th fret on the E string of my guitar.I've narrowed it down to vibration within the amp, but I don't know what could be vibrating. Any suggestions?
does it have a built-in spring reverb?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I have no idea. I'm clueless when it comes to amp-speak. I know there is a reverb dial, if that helps?
I've tried multiple guitars and its the same for every one. It only buzzes on the 7th-9th frets on the low E (and the 2nd-5th on the A, but thats the same note.)
from what I can remember from A level physics sounds like resonance! When you hit the right frequency things start to vibrate, possibly something loose in the amp somewhere like you said
^Ya, the best you can do is hit that note then touch things on the amp to see if it stops. It could be anything rattling, but if its something exterior you may be able to tighten it up a bit.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Slight update, if I sit on the amp there is no rattling. Is it possibly the handle/case?