hello all, I am looking at constructing a Jazzcaster, and I was wondering if you can hook a jazzmaster pickup into just a 3 way pickup selector?

Thanks
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not great with wiring so I'm not quite sure how you would do it.
It doesn't matter what type of pickup it is, they can all be wired to a 3-way switch.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Yeah that's easy.

Are you wanting to remove the rhythm circuit, main volume and tone, or both?
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
essentially what i am going to do is i am going to remove the front pickup from a telecaster, get a new pick guard, which i am going to cut route out for a jazzmaster, i just wanted to make sure i could wire the new pickup in without having those other buttons that jazzmasters have
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Oh yeah thats simple. If you check out Curtis Novak he actually makes a Jazzmaster pickup that'll fit your tele without routing, you just have to cut the pickguard a bit and it fits under a dog ear p90 cover.

Plus being a Novak it'll blown an AVRI pickup or whatnot out the water.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Yeah I saw those before I started this little project, but Im not 100% I am going to like how it sounds so i decided that 125 for one pickup was a little too much at this point. My current budget on this is like 50 us, and the routing isnt that big of a deal its only a mex tele
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2