So today I was leaving a pool. And when I was walking to the nearby Tim Hortons I crossed the street. I didn't wait for the "walk" light to go green. As soon as i started walking across, a cop in a ghost-car (unmarked car), turned on his lights and "pulled me over." He then proceeded to give me a ticket for J-walking. So now I have to pay $42.38 for crossing the fucking street.

So Pit any stupid tickets cops have given you?
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

My friend got pulled over for going 43 in a 40 zone. He didn't get a ticket though.
i got a ticket for getting run into. **** state troopers.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Cool story bro
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
There was this road at my school that did not have a stoplight and was not supposed to be crossed by people on bycicles or people on foot, but the only other way to get to school was to take the ****ing scenic route that took 5 minutes longer or 15 when you're on foot. I've J-walked and J-biked there for years but never got caught. Well, that's not entirely true, I've been caught a couple times when I was crossing but the po-po just kept on driving.
Quote by xMarkx
So today I was leaving a pool. And when I was walking to the nearby Tim Hortons I crossed the street. I didn't wait for the "walk" light to go green. As soon as i started walking across, a cop in a ghost-car (unmarked car), turned on his lights and "pulled me over." He then proceeded to give me a ticket for J-walking. So now I have to pay $42.38 for crossing the fucking street.

reminds me of harold and kumar go to white castle. lol. if u've seen it you know what im talking about

OT - never gotten a ticket...U CANT CATCH ME!!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I fail to see how it's illegal to cross the street, as long as you didn't obstruct any traffic.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Only stupid people get stupid tickets.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
ticket for walking! never heard of that before, crazy america
now extra flamey
I posted in a thread on this today.

99 mph in a 55.

w00t.

edit: that wasn't a stupid ticket, the stupidity was on my part.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by Meelad360
My friend got pulled over for going 43 in a 40 zone. He didn't get a ticket though.

???

Anyways, i came close to losing my Jr. Operators license when i was out walking to a fast food restaurant at 2:30 that was down the street from a friend's house. I got searched and booked, had to wait for a parent to pick me up at the station because i was out past curfew.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jul 12, 2010,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I posted in a thread on this today.

99 mph in a 55.

w00t.

edit: that wasn't a stupid ticket, the stupidity was on my part.

Yes, yes it was. Stop being reckless.

I didn't realize anyone actually got ticketed for jaywalking. People always talk about it, but I've never actually met someone who got busted for it.
That's why I'm glad I live in the UK were people are free to wonder onto streets wherever and whenever they want.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by daytripper75
Yes, yes it was. Stop being reckless.

That was unnecessary, I admitted it was wrong. Don't try to strongarm me like a parent, please.
Public indecency.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by bendystraw

???

Anyways, i came close to losing my Jr. Operators license when i was out walking to a fast food restaurant at 2:30 that was down the street from a friend's house. I got searched and booked, had to wait for a parent to pick me up at the station because i was out past curfew.

How old are you?

There isn't a curfew for adults is there?
I didn't even know you could get a ticket for J-walking. I've never heard of anyone getting one.

On topic: Never gotten a ticket for anything
Quote by El Hilliaro
That's why I'm glad I live in the UK were people are free to wonder onto streets wherever and whenever they want.

yeah because the UK is so great isn't it

I've always wondered what would happened if you just fake named a cop?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']That was unnecessary, I admitted it was wrong. Don't try to strongarm me like a parent, please.
do it again for the lulz

OT: i once got a ticket cuz i used the subway without paying for the ticket. i didnt pay hundreds of times but eventually i got caught for not paying. in the end i never paid anything
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
No worries. The tickets are now diamonds.

/shitmeme

sucks bro. cool story anyway
Quote by Ikey

Canada bro.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by Ikey

He's from Canada.
Quote by El Hilliaro

This.
I run across dual carriageways, motorways and inner city road...things...with the central barriers (****ing name evades me now) all the time. Not a wise idea, but its legal and done at our own risk.
Stupid people here don't get stupid tickets.
We get a car to the face at {insert number} mph and that should teach us.
J-walking is second nature here in the city, I as well as my friends have done it countless times in front of cops. If they did give you a ticket, as long as you didn't obstruct traffic or some shit, the judge would probably throw it out.

But I have received a couple of tickets for avoiding subway fare, $100 for not paying $2.25 fare. A little ridiculous but I guess it does force people to pay the fare.

Quote by SkepsisMetal
This.
I run across dual carriageways, motorways and inner city road...things...with the central barriers (****ing name evades me now) all the time. Not a wise idea, but its legal and done at our own risk.
Stupid people here don't get stupid tickets.
We get a car to the face at {insert number} mph and that should teach us.

Aren't laws supposed to be preventive measures also? It's enforced because we don't want to see someone get hit at "{insert number}" mph.
Last edited by DangerPat 00 at Jul 12, 2010,
I just finished paying off a $250.00 USD speeding ticket. The ticket was for 30 in a 25, in my home town...

Basically, the speed limit switches down from 30 to 25 in the middle of a wide curve, in the middle of town. I was in a bit of a hurry and just forgot to tap the brake and slow up a touch. One hundred feet later, Super Cop is giving me the run down. He actually wrote me up for out-of-date insurance (which was false, he was just the least mentally competent individual on the street, the card clearly stated the expiration date :roll: ) and then handed me my ticket (with two traffic violations: speeding and excessive display of speed. How exactly does one not equal the other? ) and told me, "Here, I'm letting you off with a warning this time. Just call this in when you get a chance or when you get home later and it'll be over with. Stay safe." Later that night, I call it in, and sure enough its actually ticket. A pricy one at that...

Gotta love cops, eh? They earn their bad rap, man. I mean, people say "Oh! Cops are so very un-appreciated. They lay their lives on the line and blah blah blah..." But as of late... The cops pose more apparent threat to me than any of indigenous criminal stereotypes.
What a stupid ticket, I'm glad I'm not a yank!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by xMarkx

if you were just walking then you must have given the cop your info for him to write you the ticket. If you would have just given him fake info he would have had no way of knowing it was false and no way to trace the ticket to you when you didn't show in court.
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!