Hi there,

I was wondering what builders make 24 fret guitars of any shape with deep cutaways and very unimpeded access to the higher frets. I am not interested in the guitar otherwise, but I did notice Dean makes a Rusty Cooley model which seems to have a fairly unimpeded reach as well as something which seems interesting from a company called Black Mesa.

Does anyone know of some others, preferably comparable to something like a Suhr in terms of build quality and options but with a deeper cutaway than the Modern?

Thanks!
Last edited by tribalfusion at Jul 12, 2010,
try looking at some of the schecters
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Quote by tribalfusion
Hi there,

I was wondering what builders make 24 fret guitars of any shape with deep cutaways and the very unimpeded access to the higher frets. I am not interested in the guitar otherwise, but I did notice Dean makes a Rusty Cooley model which seems to have a fairly unimpeded reach as well as something which seems interesting from a company called Black Mesa.

Does anyone know of some others, preferably comparable to something like a Suhr in terms of build quality and options but with a deeper cutaway than the Modern?

Thanks!

Damn, I was gonna suggest the Dean RC-7 I'm gonna watch this thread, I feel that I need a deeper cutaway too
Quote by AcousticMirror
prs custom 24
gibson les paul doublecut 24

just looked at the PRS, looks simular to the guitar Orianthi uses
ibanez mite also have what ure looking for
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Quote by tribalfusion
Hi there,

I was wondering what builders make 24 fret guitars of any shape with deep cutaways and the very unimpeded access to the higher frets. I am not interested in the guitar otherwise, but I did notice Dean makes a Rusty Cooley model which seems to have a fairly unimpeded reach as well as something which seems interesting from a company called Black Mesa.

Thanks!

I would avoid that company at all costs. Unless you want to see Unforseen Consequences with a Resonance Cascade...
Chapman ghostfret?

Stienberg guitars

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
jackson soloist? most ibanezes? most schecters? for ****s sake even most bc riches, carvins, we could go on and on from here
Eh.
I'm gonna go ahead and recommend my guitar, the ESP LTD MH-1000. It has the best fret access of any guitar I've played, and although they don't make it in most of the really nice finishes anymore (such as mine) it still plays really well and is used by a good few music professionals. The H-1001 would probably do about the same as the MH, the only difference is that the MH-1000 takes characteristics from both the Horizon and Marauder, while the H-1001 is just the Horizon. They're still both great guitars though.

H-1001
MH-1000
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I would avoid that company at all costs. Unless you want to see Unforseen Consequences with a Resonance Cascade...

Hi,

I was wondering what you meant about that?

Thanks!
Quote by AcousticMirror
prs custom 24
gibson les paul doublecut 24

Absolutely not.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Music Man Silhouette - I have one it's awesome!
I stepped upon the platform, the man gave me the news
He said, "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

I ****ing love you for that.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by SilverSpurs616
just looked at the PRS, looks simular to the guitar Orianthi uses

OMAIGAWDNOWAIREALLY?

Anywho, is this thread serious? lmao

TS, go out to a shop and play some more guitars.
I've been having a problem with fret access on my old ibanez and I just reshaped the cut away.
But, are you looking for a certain shape?
Cause a V shaped guitar would provide great fret access (dumb t9)
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

I've always wanted to meet the G-Man

ummmmm

Caparison fo sho

and Washburn makes a model with a wicked cutaway and this strange steel neck joint, I'll find a pic...
can't edit, IE crashes...

Caparison (fairly certain it is)

Washburn (not sure the model... N4 perhaps?)

oh and also Parker

Last edited by Tedward at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by tribalfusion
Hi,

I was wondering what you meant about that?

Thanks!

Google it.

The only guitars I can think of with amazing fret access are V's and SG's. The other suggestions people have here are way better.

Neck-thru's will have great upper fret access and same with some set-thru necks.

Now that I think about it, Nuno's Washburn has pretty great upper fret access.
Out of the guitars I have, the Ibanez has the best upper fret access. Ibanez is really good with that, provided it is using the AANJ design, and not some crappy bolt on plate. I don't think you'll have an issue though - only the really old models have that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Caparison Hourus.
-------------------------------------------