ok, basically, i've been an idiot, i have a gcse oral exam tomorrow, and i need someone who speaks french to help me out, any french speakers out there? :P
wee
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
J'ai une tour d'Eiffel... pantalons!

Yeah, I do. (Seriously, as a French-Canadian, I bet you I know French)

DirtEdit: So, what do you want to know?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 12, 2010,
Yeah I speak french. I graduated in french and am completing med school in French.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by DirtyMakik
J'ai une tour d'Eiffel... pantalons!

Yeah, I do. (Seriously, as a French-Canadian, I bet you I know French)

DirtEdit: So, what do you want to know?

so the idea is im a tourist in france, and they are asking questions
i have to give about 4 lines on -

1 - what do you plan to do over the next few days?
2 - i will make the reservation, do you have any questions?
3 - what have you done already?
4 - what is your opinion on the region?

if you can help, thankyou so much
Quote by dan.finch
ok, basically, i've been an idiot, i have a gcse oral exam tomorrow, and i need someone who speaks french to help me out, any french speakers out there? :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/french/

Start with that. What topics are you doing? I assume you're doing a couple of roleplays that are prepared, a speech, and something that you'll get in the exam e.g. ordering food in a restaurant?

Learn key phrases and practice your speech and role plays. You've left it seriously late though.
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

Oh, tu es un garcon... ****

"1 - what do you plan to do over the next few days?
4 - what is your opinion on the region?"

1. Je vais voir la tour eiffel, parce qu'elle est supere.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Last edited by WyvernOmega at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by WyvernOmega
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

Oh, tu es un garcon... ****

I learnt to speak french when I was at school, but I have forgot the language
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Tout simplement, c'est trop tard s'il vous n'avez pas revisé d'avant aujord'hui, le meilleur chose serait de lire des exemples de questions and practiquer, toute la nuit, tu va être fatigué pendant l'examen mais tu as beaucoup plus de possibilité de reussir.

Bonne chance!

If you couldn't read most of that then you're pretty screwed
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Tout simplement, c'est trop tard s'il vous n'avez pas revisé d'avant aujord'hui, le meilleur chose serait de lire des exemples de questions and practiquer, toute la nuit, tu va être fatigué pendant l'examen mais tu as beaucoup plus de possibilité de reussir.

Bonne chance!

if im honest i know, but i need help with the answers, you seem very good at french, could you help?
Quote by dan.finch
1 - what do you plan to do over the next few days?
4 - what is your opinion on the region?

1. J'aimerais aller voir le musée du Louvre, mais je sais que je n'aurais jamais le temps de tout voir. J'irais surement voir Versailles, un oeuvre majestueux d'Henry XIV.

2.Est-ce que l'hôtel a une piscine? Est-ce que je peux me branler l'hôtel a un restaurant?

3. Je suis allé voir la tour Eiffel, mais il y avais trop de monde et je n'ai pas pu monter. Je suis allé à Notre-Dame, le plus grand cathédral de Paris. Je suis aussi allé voir le prison de la Bastille.

4.Il est très beau, si ce n'est un peu trop pollué à mes goûts. Je reviendrai surement, mais reste à trouver des billets un peu moins chers.

I didn't write much but it's start.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by SilentHeaven109

Bonne chance!

lolnah cramming doesn't work.

What is a general French translation of the verb 'to cram', in this context?
Quote by dan.finch
if im honest i know, but i need help with the answers, you seem very good at french, could you help?

It's obviously all Google Translate. His French has more errors in it than a dyslexic with multiple sclerosis learning chinese characters.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by dan.finch

Quote by SilentHeaven109
Tout simplement, c'est trop tard si tu n'as pas revisé avant aujourd'hui, la meilleure chose serait de lire des exemples de questions et pratiquer, toute la nuit, tu va être fatigué pendant l'examen mais tu as beaucoup plus de chances de réussir.

Bonne chance!

French Grammar Nazi attacks!

Quote by Dream Floyd
It's obviously all Google Translate. His French has more errors in it than a dyslexic with multiple sclerosis learning chinese characters.

Yeah, pretty much.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Dream Floyd
1. J'aimerais aller voir le musée du Louvre, mais je sais que je n'aurais jamais le temps de tout voir. J'irais surement voir Versailles, un oeuvre majestueux d'Henry XIV.

2.Est-ce que l'hôtel a une piscine? Est-ce que je peux me branler l'hôtel a un restaurant?

3. Je suis allé voir la tour Eiffel, mais il y avais trop de monde et je n'ai pas pu monter. Je suis allé voir aussi la statue de la liberté, l'originelle, que les Français ont offerts aux Etats-Unis en plus grande.

4.Il est très beau, si ce n'est un peu trop pollué à mes goûts. Je reviendrai surement, mais reste à trouver des billets un peu moins chers.

Can I just say, I ****ing love you!
Quote by dan.finch
Can I just say, I ****ing love you!

If you want, I can add a bit more. It's just I'm lazy and it's 1:40 AM here...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
hey, i dont mean to push my luck, but could you maybe change the statue of liberty bit? you dont have to but something a bit simpler would be very much appreciated! thankyou so much!

Oh, add as much as you are willing to do seriously, i knew i could count on the pit for anything! thankyou!
Last edited by dan.finch at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by dan.finch
hey, i dont mean to push my luck, but could you maybe change the statue of liberty bit? you dont have to but something a bit simpler would be very much appreciated! thankyou so much!

Why the statue of liberty bit? You know that there's a statue of liberty in Paris right? the original one at that!
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by Dream Floyd
Why the statue of liberty bit? You know that there's a statue of liberty in Paris right? the original one at that!

yeah but my teacher would get a bit suspicious :L its a bit like, to perfect? :L
Quote by dan.finch
yeah but my teacher would get a bit suspicious :L its a bit like, to perfect? :L

Changed. They won't be suspicious enough that you've gone from shit to fluent?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
yeah they will, i'll just say i took alot of time on it, and that a very good friend helped! thanks so much for this man
Quote by dan.finch
yeah they will, i'll just say i took alot of time on it, and that a very good friend helped! thanks so much for this man

Then they'll ask something completely unrelated to the subject and you'll be screwed.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
ah well, thats like, 80%, thats probably a half decent pass, and clearly french isnt a strong point of mine :L
Quote by Dream Floyd

That's actually all me, that was pretty quickly written and grammar was never my strong suit, still, A* at GCSE and A at A Level

But seriously TS, keep it simple, give opinions and stay calm.
Also, if you had more time I'd suggest learning around those questions a little, they won't just ask you those questions you've learned and they won't look kindly on a sudden switch from perfect fluency to struggling on the simple questions they are bound to ask you, I guess with one night you'll have to just do what you can, though
Quote by SilentHeaven109

That's actually all me, that was pretty quickly written and grammar was never my strong suit, still, A* at GCSE and A at A Level

But seriously TS, keep it simple, give opinions and stay calm.
Also, if you had more time I'd suggest learning around those questions a little, they won't just ask you those questions you've learned and they won't look kindly on a sudden switch from perfect fluency to struggling on the simple questions they are bound to ask you, I guess with one night you'll have to just do what you can, though

yeah :/ i've been an idiot, buuut, could you maybe give some answers which would go down well in an exam? thanks just for the advise though
Quote by SilentHeaven109

Oh. Well this is awkward.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by dan.finch
yeah :/ i've been an idiot, buuut, could you maybe give some answers which would go down well in an exam? thanks just for the advise though

I've just noticed Dream Floyd posted some answers, you should probably just use those, they're pretty much model answers to these type of generic questions, use the little time you have to learn those off by heart.

Unless it's been specified that that's all you'll be asked, I'm guessing they will ask you more questions than that, seeing as the topic is holidays, I imagine they'll ask something like "What was your favourite holiday you've been on?"
Make sure you have an anecdote of some kind, it doesn't have to be true, in fact we were actively encouraged to make stuff up that was easier than the truth.

I would write answers for you, but as you've seen I'm not that good at language, I just know how to do the exams, and you honestly don't have enough time to learn much new French, I can see this being mostly blagged on your part, to be honest

Quote by Dream Floyd
Oh. Well this is awkward.

To be honest, I openly admit I'm rubbish at French, if me or anyone from my French class had to live in France we wouldn't be able to actually talk to anyone, even though I go to a grammar school the standard of language teaching is diabolical, we mostly spoke English during lessons and it was all vocab lists and grammar tests.
We all just picked up on how to succeed at the admittedly very easy exams and get good grades
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Jul 12, 2010,
well, all i can say is, thankyou! and i knew the pit could help with anything :') thanks guys!