I recently just got the tascam us 144 interface the with mxl 990/991 mics. Ive been checking the mail everyday for works. Now, everythings here, i just sat down and started recording. I am using reaper as my recording software, I am recording guitar atm..I just record some of a song I wrote, and it apears to be there. THe lights on my interface are reacting to sound, and so are the lights on reaper. It even has the "audio waves", so i know it recorded. But when i hit play..i hear notthing. AHHHHH. help. =[
Is your computer on mute?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
LOL, no it is not. At first i thought it i was making a silly mistake as well, but then i played a song. its not. its the program
My computer speaker system isnt internal and runs from the output on the back of my sound card, but i doubt that has anything to do with it
did you maybe mute the program? Try going into preferences and looking for any type of muting thing. Man, I feel like that Indian guy who's always the tech support guy.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
did you maybe mute the program? Try going into preferences and looking for any type of muting thing. Man, I feel like that Indian guy who's always the tech support guy.

I damn good one too, LOL. thanks dude..apparently it was. But i just installed the program and havent even been in that tab yet? so it came muted..weird..but anyways. thanks for the help man. You made my day
Get this. I have never installed reaper on my computer. I just walked you through a program I have never worked with . That's the truth. I am the ultimate Indian tech support guy.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Lol, the power of logical reasoning..so i got the playback to work. and realized the mic was too close, i record it and its doing it again! the box i unchecked is still unchecked. im beyond aggrivated
Well maybe now it's too quiet cuz the mic is further away?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool