Hey, I'm looking for a decent distortion or overdrive pedal. My price range is up to $150. My current set-up is a MIM Tele running through a TS808, MXR Phase 90, and BOSS CE-5 in a B-52 AT112. The TS808 is good, but not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like to use the 808 as more of a boost. The bands that I want to be able to sound like are Blink-182, Green Day, Paramore, Muse, etc. Some kind of nice, solid, probably mid-range distortion or overdrive.
I prefer to stay on the clean channel of the amp and get my dist/OD from a pedal. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely be looking in to those and trying them out somewhere.
Quote by TasianSensation
I prefer to stay on the clean channel of the amp and get my dist/OD from a pedal. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely be looking in to those and trying them out somewhere.

Why?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I switch between clean and dirty in my songs, and I just find it easier to use a Dist/OD pedal to do that. Volume and tone reasons mainly.
IMO an OCD is a must on pretty much any pedal board. the overdrive is awesome over clean, but even better to boost the dirty channel. the HP/LP switch is really useful because it kinda switches voicing to a more marshally type thing. it is very versatile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Look at the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, it's versatile enough to cover all the bands you listed. It's both an overdrive and a distortion so you can use one side as a boost and the other side just as a straight up distortion if you choose.
Quote by youngapprentice
Look at the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, it's versatile enough to cover all the bands you listed. It's both an overdrive and a distortion so you can use one side as a boost and the other side just as a straight up distortion if you choose.

if you are looking for something similar to that, i would look at the fulltone GT-500. it has both and overdrive and distortion that can be used indepentently or on top of eachother. i was more impressed with that over the visual sounds one. but either or are very versatile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/